Iowa-Des Moines

Assembly Hall - Pleasant Hill

We are having our reception at the Assembly Hall next October and I'm trying to figure out if we can arrange to have the ceremony there as well. I think we have the room, I'm just trying to get an idea of the setup. Has anyone done this before or know of anyone that has? I'd love to see pics of weddings and/or receptions that have been held there. I have a few that the Hall sent me, but I need more ideas! Thanks! :)

Re: Assembly Hall - Pleasant Hill

• edited December 2011
    If you're talking about the Assembly Hall that is owned and operated by the Great Caterers of Iowa then yes, I have seen both a ceremony and reception held there. 

They had a fairly large guest list so they seated everyone at the tables and then had a aisle that the bride walked down to an elevated platform where the ceremony was held. Then after the ceremony they put a table on the platform for the head table. They had placed draping behind the platform and I believe they had it part way down the wall where the windows/doors are. They also had back lighting on the draping to give the room some color. 

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the setup. And if you're talking about a different venue then you can disregard my comment :)
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been there, can you post pictures and maybe we could help you think of a different idea for the space?
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • How much does it cost to rent this place for a wedding reception...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards