North Carolina

NWR: Can't take the suspense! (vent-ish)

Excuse me while I blow a little steam...

DH should be finding out about his internship location any day now.  We are down to Littleton, CO and Salinas, CA.  If he doesn't get either of those then he will have to go into placement for a university internship. 

Littleton is his first choice and they said he would know by 12/1.  He was encouraged to apply there by a partner and they gave him great marks on his evaluation.  I would love to live in Colorado for a year.  Why can't they just let him know?  Even if the answer was no, at least it would be something.  He is dying at school right now and I'm trying not to lose it myself.  I can't tell anyone at work what's going on (I would prob. be fired lol...the joys of working in finance)  I just want to be able to go home and celebrate.

GRRRR.

/vent.

Re: NWR: Can't take the suspense! (vent-ish)

• edited December 2011
    The suspense must be killing you, but both of those places would be awesome to live for a year!  

Good luck!  
  • edited December 2011
    Ahhh the suspense!!!  You better post tomorrow or when you find out so we can celebrate knowing something on this board!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry! I know I'm not looking forward to the wait up until match day (I'll just be hoping that wherever it is, it's more than a reasonable drive from the in-laws so we can cut the "surprise!" visits down) and I can only imagine how frustrating it is! Both of those places seem awesome though- and so pretty!

Can you not tell anyone at work because they'll know you're leaving which would be bad? I can be slow sometimes. :-P
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    CJ - haha no worries.  You're right.  I can't tell anyone because it means I will be leaving next June.  In a lot of business lines this really wouldn't matter.  But the way the finance industry works (and especially since I have access to all our client accounts) you just walk in one day with your cardboard box, pack up your things and quit.  There's no 2 week notice.  It is kinda wierd but no one feels put out by you not giving notice or anything, that is just how it works.  There is all this concern with people taking lists of clients names and addresses - or worse, account numbers - so after you say you are leaving you have to leave, then.

That's why it can't get out that we are planning on hauling it outta here in June.  If there wasn't that light at the end of the tunnel then I would have been out of this job a while ago, but oh well. 
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow that kinda sucks! I could never do that- I'm terrible at keeping secrets, the people here have known for like a year that when FI hits residency we're outta here. I guess they don't really care though because it's at least a year, possibly 2, away.

Definitely good that you have the light at the end of the tunnel! And hopefully the suspense will stop soon. :)
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Both of those places sound awesome.  I hope you guys find out soon!

CJ - FI's mom has said she wants us to live within 3 hours so she can visit.  Guess what our minimum radius is now lol
  • edited December 2011
    CJ - what is your FI going to do a residency in?  I'm guessing he is a med school student?
  • edited December 2011
    LOL Jess. Yeah, I regret buying a house so close to the in-laws Undecided
  • edited December 2011
    I hope you hear soon!  I remember being crazy waiting to hear where my Patrick got into law school.  It was between here and Berkeley, CA.  I'm glad he chose NC!  I guess I'll be ramping up for that again in six months when he starts applying for full time jobs.  Anyhow,  keep us posted, and you'll definitely be in my thoughts during this nerve wracking time!!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow Campbelle, Chapel Hill and Berkeley...your Patrick must be super smart!  We'll be in the same boat again in a year when he chooses a residency.  We'll settle down someday (when we are old!) lol.
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jrsturde- Oh my lord are you marrying into my future-family? Because it sounds just like them... any time someone mentions FI moving away FMIL starts squealing (not kidding) "you can't move awwwwaaaayyyuuuhh!" Our minimum is like a 12 hour-drive. :) Hey, it's only 3 hours by plane...

Redhead- FI's in med school (3rd year) but he's not sure what type of residency he wants to do- I'm hoping Pathology because it has good hours. I can only imagine how stressful 4th year is going to be (he's doing an MPH so we have 1.5 years until 4th year starts) first with figuring out where to interview, then interviewing, then waiting for match day... ugh. You have my sympathy- hopefully you'll find out today! :)
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards