**Password: kls114**
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: ~HUMP DAY!!!~

• Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant: hmmm nothing at the moment

Rave: Its midterm week, so its nice and relaxing (minus grading). Also, my department is going out to lunch today--and we're celebrating once of the teachers birthdays!
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agey310Agey310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh boy do I need to rant today.... so to try and make a long story short, FI has been laid off from work since early December. There is a rumor that he will get called back to his job in February (which I realize makes us very fortunate seeing as there are many people out there who cannot land a job). Together he and I own a house which means that we share the mortgage responsibilities along with all of the bills. Despite the fact that he gets unemployement checks, we are just getting by each month. I am mega mega mega stressed out over the finances to begin with. Now that we are getting closer and closer to the wedding, bills need to be paid and details need to be ironed out. I am freaking out! I even went so far as to break down on Monday and wonder if the wedding is going to be worth this stress. I need this week to be over and done with very quickly and am hoping that next week has better luck in store for me!
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_hump-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:9f445df6-62dd-4bb5-97de-f5a2c2abe678Post:aec791b1-e48b-4796-9ea2-3b62823c316f">Re: ~HUMP DAY!!!~</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh boy do I need to rant today.... so to try and make a long story short, FI has been laid off from work since early December. There is a rumor that he will get called back to his job in February (which I realize makes us very fortunate seeing as there are many people out there who cannot land a job). Together he and I own a house which means that we share the mortgage responsibilities along with all of the bills. Despite the fact that he gets unemployement checks, we are just getting by each month. I am mega mega mega stressed out over the finances to begin with. Now that we are getting closer and closer to the wedding, bills need to be paid and details need to be ironed out. I am freaking out! I even went so far as to break down on Monday and wonder if the wedding is going to be worth this stress. I need this week to be over and done with very quickly and am hoping that next week has better luck in store for me!
    Posted by Agey310[/QUOTE]

Aww Agey I'm sooo sorry to hear about your FI's job! I know exactly how you guys feel! My FI was laid off not once.. but twice this past summer. The second time he was unable to receive unemployment so he had absolutely nothing coming in. It was scary.. and we were set back several months of saving for the wedding. But he finally got a new job after a few months and we're back on our feet. We have cut back on a lot of things for the wedding and I've learned to do a lot of DIY projects.

My advice to you is to try and stay positive because you guys will get through this rough time. If anything, it'll just bring you both closer together and show that you guys are able to stick together and come out stronger through tough situations.
  • Agey310Agey310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks summerkutie its encouraging to here someone say that they've been through something similar. It just seems like it's all hitting me this week!!! ughh
  • edited December 2011
    Only RAVES for me today!

Rave:  It's Wednesday so that means I can use my 40% off coupon at Banana Republic for one item!  Woo hooo ... I've had my eye on a belt!

Rave:  DH's birthday is this Saturday and I'm completely done prepping!  Surprising him with tickets to the Uconn men's bball game this Sat at noon and a Uconn track jacket to wear to the game!

Rave:  Picking up my new car on Friday!! 
    Married since 7/25/2009
    BFP #1 9/25/2011 | EDD 6/1/2012 | M/C 10/26/2011 at 8w6d
    BFP #2 3/13/2012 | EDD 11/23/2012
    9DPO hcg: 45; Prog: 41 | 14DPO hcg: 694 | 17DPO hcg: 2733 | 28DPO hcg: 53,006
    First u/s 4/13 showed a beating heart! Second u/s 5/2 showed a HB of 163! Let's GROW, baby!
    He's here! Kellen born 11/16/12 - 8 lbs 8 oz 22 inches long via scheduled c-section (breech baby, gestational diabetes mama)
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_hump-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:9f445df6-62dd-4bb5-97de-f5a2c2abe678Post:90034256-cac8-470f-936a-a8ce20cb7dd7">Re: ~HUMP DAY!!!~</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks summerkutie its encouraging to here someone say that they've been through something similar. It just seems like it's all hitting me this week!!! ughh
    Posted by Agey310[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! It's stressful and it's really hard, but I promise that you guys will get through this! :0)

Happy "hump day"!
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thank goodness! I am ready for the weekend even though this week is going by fast

Rave: I got into a spinning class that is supposed to be awesome for tonight! I have been trying to get into it for 4 weeks!! Geeeez!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    rant: worked until 3am last night!! so tired

rave: there's a lot! Today is 10 Months to the wedding!! Got my 10 months to go email and I'm on track!

Also today is Weds our date night :)

AND.... Raw Photo design posted all ofour pictures to our gallery so now we get to choose one for the newspaper and our STDs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agey - I'll pray for you and your FI! Although my FI hasn't been laid off... it's been hard for him to find a FT job while still going to school. He doesn't have the luxury of his parents helping him (in life) like mine do. So he's been working 3 PT jobs to cover what he feels is "his" cost. It's always a struggle when you constantly have to worry about money.

Rave: FI made me an omelette when I came back home. (:
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_hump-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:9f445df6-62dd-4bb5-97de-f5a2c2abe678Post:b1a5052c-d7d3-4b5f-be07-703bed9a07e4">Re: ~HUMP DAY!!!~</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank goodness! I am ready for the weekend even though this week is going by fast Rave: I got into a spinning class that is supposed to be awesome for tonight! I have been trying to get into it for 4 weeks!! Geeeez!
    Posted by kls114[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah that's my gripe about those classes.. do you go to The Edge? I get into a lunch time spinning class every Thursday, but I have yet to be able to get into any night time classes or any weekend classes for Zumba or Kickboxing. It's awful.. you have to literally get up at the butt-crack of dawn to get into those classes! They need to either schedule more or allow more people into the classes.
  • lynde129lynde129 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rave- tomorrow I am taking my MIL to look at more dresses, and my FSIL to order hers, and her daughter- we will hopefully find her flower girl.
    Saturday- I am taking my mom to look at more dresses, and my niece (jr. BM) to order her dress.
    Sunday- I think my FI and I are finally going to register!
    Next Saturday I am taking my MOH, and other BM to order their dresses, and out to lunch and a drink :)
    I just booked a make-up trial Finally!!!

YAY for All Wedding Related Week!
  • jennylove810jennylove810 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agey - sending good vibes your way!
  • edited December 2011
    Agey - I'm so sorry to hear that!  SuMmErKuTiE is right though - Things will get better and you two will be even stronger!

No rants for me today...

Rave: last nights Zumba class I burned 847 cals in the hour class and another 400in the 2 hours following!  Whoo Hoo!!!

Rave 2: We are meeting with a decorator for our hall tomorrow!  So excited!

Rave 3: My mom & FMIL are going Friday to start looking at dresses!  Smile
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is going to be the longest week ever!!!

Rave ~ I went today to buy a few outfits for my b-pics.  T-minus 6 days :)
  • romyjm8romyjm8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

RANT:  I hate doing dishes.  There are always dishes in the sink.....

RAVE:  My invitations are being printed and will be ready to mail on Wednesday.

Not really a rant or rave, but I am SO BEHIND on my checklist.....so much to do and only 2 months & 2 weeks to go.

Agey - sending happy vibes your way....everything will work itself out.   The thing I learned when the money ran extremely low was saving on everyday things.  Now, I don't think of it as trying to save money, its just a way of life....I cut coupons, I wait to buy until things are on sale, we have friends over our house instead of going out and cook dinner and drink cheap wine & beer, we don't buy lunch or coffee anymore....Its small things but it adds up. 

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_hump-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:9f445df6-62dd-4bb5-97de-f5a2c2abe678Post:55d9c059-842c-413a-9596-8a69ab08705e">Re: ~HUMP DAY!!!~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ~HUMP DAY!!!~ : Haha yeah that's my gripe about those classes.. do you go to The Edge? I get into a lunch time spinning class every Thursday, but I have yet to be able to get into any night time classes or any weekend classes for Zumba or Kickboxing. It's awful.. you have to literally get up at the butt-crack of dawn to get into those classes! They need to either schedule more or allow more people into the classes.
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

LOL. Yup that would be the edge. Do you go? Which one? I go to the one in Norwalk. I take the Zumba there too & I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it! I register at about 6am! That is the trick because that is how I got into the spin tonight--which I sweat my azzzz off in!!! But I loved it!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards