Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Poll - Maybe TMI - Its slow - sue me

Do you fart/pass gass/ flatulate in front of your husband?

Does he in front of you?

I typically don't and I did last night and I'm still embarrased about it.  My feminist ideals are telling me that's crazy.  What do you think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll - Maybe TMI - Its slow - sue me

• Options
    we do, and we both think its hilarious.
  • Options
    I don't and neither does he. We have a few times when we're sick though but we don't get embarrassed about that. Unfortunately, we're both sleep farters, so...
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    I don't.  But I also don't like farting in front of anyone, so H is not "special" in that respect. 
  • Options
    I don't. I can't even pee in front of him, I get self-conscious. H only does if by accident.

However, I feel really sorry for the girl who ends up with my little brother. He'll fart either on you or right next to you then rate it based on how bad it smells.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    No.
    I'm one of those that doesn't burb or belch.  Ever.  The one time I did actually pass gas in front of H, he was more concerned if anything was wrong with my stomach.

ETA: H will burb/fart in front of me, but he only does it when we're in Perth.  The water there is something terrible.
  • Options
    I think we both try not to in front of each other, but accidents happen and then it's no big deal. Except once when we were camping and he farted in the tent and it gave me a horrible case of the giggles. I burp with pride, though. To which he usually responds "classy".
  • Options
    I don't burp or fart in front of others.  I don't think it's appropriate.  If something slips out, I excuse myself. 

He does it in front of me.  I really don't care as long as we're at home, but I would be mortified if he behaved that way in public. 
  • Options

Burp, fart, you name it. It's like a contest for us. Haha.

• Options
    See mine has no problem with it and thinks its funny.  He's seriously a five year old.  I have no problem burping in front of him though.

Such interesting bodies we have.  :-)
  • Options
    Yes we do in front of eachother.  I didn't for a while.  But he always did. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-maybe-tmi-its-slow-sue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9236f3db-71ad-4194-b752-57e9f0a8a4acPost:2a8c1f45-39a4-421c-bc61-705be3e9b5f7">Re: Poll - Maybe TMI - Its slow - sue me</a>:
    [QUOTE]we do, and we both think its hilarious.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Uh yeah, ditto. 
    panther
  • Options

My FI thinks farting is hysterical, but God forbid someone burps...

• Options

We try not to (like others have said, I try not to fart in front of anyone).  Sometimes accidents happen, but we usually uncomfortably ignore it, haha. 

I don't burp out loud.  Not on purpose, it just doesn't happen.  He burps in front of me, but always says excuse me and it's never an on-purpose-look-what-I-can-do kind of thing.

ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    Yeah, we both do.  But I think we have issues with boundaries--as in, we have none. 
  • Options
    We both do. But, he is the only person I've ever been able to fart around and it took me a long time to be able to.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-maybe-tmi-its-slow-sue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9236f3db-71ad-4194-b752-57e9f0a8a4acPost:98043a70-43d0-4949-9f05-f66e7b1d318b">Re: Poll - Maybe TMI - Its slow - sue me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, we both do.  But I think we have issues with boundaries--as in, we have none. 
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto.</div>
  • Options

DH is a huge culprit...not so much the burping, but the farting and it is nasty. Poor Pumpkin sleeps under our covers and gets dutch ovened out of the covers sometimes gasping for air...He is so bad that his fart made an appearance in my dream and woke me up. I will admit, if I have to I will, but I am more of a belching culprit and he hates it.

BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If it's one of those little quiet burps or a quiet/not-smelly fart then I do it in front of him, and he doesn't realize. And there's been the occasional accident where what I think is going to be a silent little burp turns into a belch, at which point I say excuse me like I would in front of anyone else. I'm not paranoid about it, I just don't see why I should subject my husband to something I wouldn't want to subject anyone else to, so I try to avoid it.

He on the other hand is a champion farter, and it's awful, and I hate him. He will try to go in another room, but apparently it makes him feel sick to his stomach to wait all of 5 seconds, so I have been a victim many times.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-maybe-tmi-its-slow-sue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9236f3db-71ad-4194-b752-57e9f0a8a4acPost:2a8c1f45-39a4-421c-bc61-705be3e9b5f7">Re: Poll - Maybe TMI - Its slow - sue me</a>:
    [QUOTE]we do, and we both think its hilarious.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

yeah...gotta agree with Nebb on this one. We're class acts.
  • Options
    I do and then pretend I didn't, or blame it on him or our neighbors (but in a faux-serious way so that he knows i'm joking) and then when he tries to get me to admit that it was me I act totally Scarlett O'hara shocked and insist that "Girl's can't. You must be hearing things."

It drives him nuts but also amuses the heck out of him.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    Yes, we both do.  You can't really control it, can you?  But like others said, we have no boundaries with each other.  We don't close the bathroom doors at home unless there are guests in the house and yeah, we'll do pretty much anything in front of each other.  I think being comfortable enough to be this open with each other is a great thing about our relationship.  How do you live with someone and hide these things? 
  • Options
    Maybe I'm a prude, but I don't see why farting or burping is funny. Never have, probably never will.

I don't think it's awful or scandalous, it's just not humorous to me either.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-maybe-tmi-its-slow-sue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9236f3db-71ad-4194-b752-57e9f0a8a4acPost:e304bd83-f9df-4f18-8679-c685f01fbbb7">Re: Poll - Maybe TMI - Its slow - sue me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, we both do.  You can't really control it, can you?  But like others said, we have no boundaries with each other.  We don't close the bathroom doors at home unless there are guests in the house and yeah, we'll do pretty much anything in front of each other.  I think being comfortable enough to be this open with each other is a great thing about our relationship.  How do you live with someone and hide these things? 
    Posted by noodle_oo[/QUOTE]

The same way I don't put my makeup on in front of him or let him see me wrangling myself into a pair of stockings before we go out.
    Need to keep some of the mystery there.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-maybe-tmi-its-slow-sue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9236f3db-71ad-4194-b752-57e9f0a8a4acPost:afdb6aaa-1e33-48b5-abe1-edb8100a536a">Re: Poll - Maybe TMI - Its slow - sue me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe I'm a prude, but I don't see why farting or burping is funny. Never have, probably never will. I don't think it's awful or scandalous, it's just not humorous to me either.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  And I don't see how if we don't go to the bathroom with the door open we don't have a good relationship.  I don't think those things necessarily go together.

That was a lot of negatives in two sentences.
    ttc chart
  • Options
    My friend and I had this discussion recently, and she came to the conclusion that I have skewed boundaries.  I have no problem farting or burping in front of him, but I would never scratch my crotch in front of him even over jeans, or pee with the door open.  I also wrap my tampon applicators or panty liners in TP before putting them into the trash can. (Those were some of the other things my friend and I talked about.  TMI has a negative correlation with wine consumption.)
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    We pee in front of each other, so it's not like we're super secret about boundaries. It's not a question of "hiding" things.

It's just a question of in the same way that I excuse myself if I'm with friends and feel a massive fart coming on, I go to the bathroom at home. Like I said, if it happens in front of H, it happens, and I don't care, I just think it's nicer not to make the people I care about sit through things that I think are kind of gross.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-maybe-tmi-its-slow-sue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9236f3db-71ad-4194-b752-57e9f0a8a4acPost:0d989db7-a184-41c0-8382-368736af37b2">Re: Poll - Maybe TMI - Its slow - sue me</a>:
    [QUOTE]We don't have many boundaries either...we pretty much do everything in front of each other...except for poop...that's kinda the only time a bathroom door is closed at our house. We just don't care.
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]
    same here. bathroom door is only ever closed for poop or if its TOM. We have no boundaries but it works for us, were comfortable this way.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-maybe-tmi-its-slow-sue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9236f3db-71ad-4194-b752-57e9f0a8a4acPost:e304bd83-f9df-4f18-8679-c685f01fbbb7">Re: Poll - Maybe TMI - Its slow - sue me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, we both do.  You can't really control it, can you?  But like others said, we have no boundaries with each other.  We don't close the bathroom doors at home unless there are guests in the house and yeah, we'll do pretty much anything in front of each other. <strong> I think being comfortable enough to be this open with each other is a great thing about our relationship.  How do you live with someone and hide these things? 
    </strong>Posted by noodle_oo[/QUOTE]

Nebb - this is what I was kind of referring to.  Looking at it again, I misread that first sentence and thought she was implying that being so open was the great thing about relationships in general.  My bad.
    ttc chart
  • Options
    Well, I try not to fart, but honestly, I just can't all the time.  I don't have a gall bladder, and my stomach does bad things sometimes.  It's not predictable.  Like, last night, I was sitting on the sofa, and was moving to the chaise side.  All I did was go from a sitting up position to a half reclined and WHAM.  Giant, loud fart.  H doesn't "like" it perse, but there's really not much I can do when that happens. 

He does burp fairly often, especially when I'm snuggling him.  But we don't go to the bathroom in front of each other, and I definitely don't let him see used feminine products.  Ew. 
  • Options
    Peeing or pooping, it doesn't matter: the door is CLOSED and I hate when Mr Panda tries to talk to me through the door. This is private time. Go away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards