Florida-West Coast

St. Pete Women's Club. Anyone been?

Hello!

I am trying to put together a quick wedding for next spring in St. Pete that won't break the bank.  I am from FL but living out of state now so it is making it hard to visit places.  Has anyone heard about this place or been to a wedding there? I looks charming but so hard to tell everything from pictutures. 

Thanks!

Re: St. Pete Women's Club. Anyone been?

• Are you referring to the St. Pete Woman's Club on Snell Isle?

If so - I live within a mile and bike and walk by it almost daily.  I have also been to an event here (not a wedding).

The outside is stunning. Not a massive space for a ceremony but if you have a small wedding, it's perfect.  The inside is older but you can do a lot with the space.

The wonderful part of this space is you can bring in your own bar, any vendors and they do not charge a fortune.

Also - for any out of towners, downtown is a hop, skip and a jump away with fantastic bars, restaurants, museums, nightlife, markets, hotels and more.

I would absolutely recommend it. 

Funny thing is - we definitely considered this spot (it's so convenient to where we live)  but one of my bridesmaids who was dating a guy (NOT engaged) decidedly to put it out there, that she was going to get married there right before my fiance popped the question.  Then he ended up being a jerk and dumping her and there was no engagement and I had already decided to book elsewhere at this point. 

Hope this helps!  The place is lovely :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is the one! Thank you for the input!

I am having about 125 people so I will ask about how much room there would be outside.  The only sad thing is that it is not close to St. Pete beach, but it should be close enough and that part of St.Pete is beautiful.

I'm sorry you did not get to end up using it.  Out of curiosity, where did you end up booking?
  • No need to be sorry - everything happens for a reason :)

As far as a ceremony, there is an outdoor garden area.  Not sure how many people will fit there but it may be ok.  There is also a nice patio (long and narrow space) but you could put bar tables and do a nice cocktail hour out there.

As far as it not being close to St. Pete beach, while true, it isn't that far.  But I would utilize downtown and make it more urban.  The downtown area is a blast - Vinoy is super close and fun for cocktails on the veranda, etc..   nice pool area, etc. and the rest of downtown has a ton of other activities for guests.

As far as my location, I ended up going the beach route.

We booked at small, not fancy, but neat spot on Sunset Beach. It's part of the Lion's Club. It's called, The St. Petersburg Lions Club Beach House.  They are in the middle of a massive remodel so they are making it way more bridal friendly.

Facts about that place:

Gorgeous private beach for ceremony
    Inexpensive
    Can bring in own vendors AND bar (this was a selling point for us)
    Fits about 130 comfortable but I wouldn't push it past that. We have 80 so it's space was perfect.
    All of the proceeds go towards funding to Seeing Eye Dogs and eyeglasses for the needy - this make my heart melt instead of paying to big corp america hotel chains, etc
    Updated bar and fireplace inside, paint, ourdoor deck is being remodeled
    They provide tables and chairs

While it's not the fanciest, we are bringing in a lighting company and my event coordinator is doing some amazing things to give it a coastal chic feel.

Let me know if you need anything else - I am very familiar with downtown and the beaches and can help :) 

But - you will not go wrong with Snell Isle Women's Club either. It really is a neat spot!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_st-pete-womens-club-anyone-been?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:1ae2c95a-8191-4344-9acf-0d04ad24ed2cPost:40ef97c7-398a-4fff-bcf9-88dca8877662">Re: St. Pete Women's Club. Anyone been?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is the one! Thank you for the input! I am having about 125 people so I will ask about how much room there would be outside.  The only sad thing is that it is not close to St. Pete beach, but it should be close enough and that part of St.Pete is beautiful. I'm sorry you did not get to end up using it.  Out of curiosity, where did you end up booking?
    Posted by rludlow[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • One more thing to add....

No pressure but decide SOON!  If you are planning Spring 2013, all area spots are booking quickly.

I am getting married next April and we booked a couple months ago and many of the Saturdays at many places were already taken.  It's the best time of year weather wise so people jump on the dates.

Embarassed
    Hope this helps!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well I am booked! Thanks for your input. I am excited now!
    I know it was hard to find a place for this spring so late! I did look at the Lion's Club but I'm doing April as well and it was pretty booked. I bet it will look lovely after the renovations!

Also, for anyone else who is looking- the Women's Club offered a 25% military discount! Amazing!
  • Congratulations!!  That is fantastic you are booked!!

What will your wedding date be?  We are April 13th!  I was hoping for the 28th but it was booked. 

I am so happy the venue worked out, I think you will love it :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • April 6th :)

Thanks and cangratulations to you as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards