• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
April 2011 Weddings

Happy Friday!

It is finally Friday! I'm excited this week has just dragged for me.

So they were predicting snow for us last night and we had a dusting on the ground this morning. It is bitter cold out there but other than that not bad. Hope everyone else didn't get snowed in. I think it was worse for Midwest and New England.

Our auditors ran a report last night and crashed our work system. So this morning is a lot of nothing until they can get our system back up and running for us.
Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Happy Friday!

• We got snow last night, too! It was just a dusting though so the town isn't completely shut down just yet. The wind is crazy, makes you shiver to the bone.

I'm excited it's Friday, too...and I have a long weekend ahead! No big plans, gonna have a craft night with a buddy tomorrow and try to spend some time with Mom at some point this weekend.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lzmac11lzmac11 member
    1000 Comments
    edited January 2012
    Happy Friday!  I am so glad today is Friday.  I am sooo tired!  Z wanted to play hookey today but because it is Friday I can't.  The one day I really can't play hookey from work.  He is at home though playing hookey.  He was going to continue to work on my computer and start cleaning the basement so we can put shelves up next week!!  I am really excited.  I think he is already in nesting mode!!

Edit:  We got 3cm of snow yesterday then the temperature decided to rise to -3C (approx 34F) and everything melted again!  AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Vacation
  • Hi ladies.  Still in migraine recovery mode, but doing better today. 

We ended up with about 6 inches total of snow.  I will be shoveling when I get home since about half of that came overnight after we shoveled last night.

So glad it is Friday and that I don't have much on my schedule this weekend - my body will appreciate rest.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • It snowed here too. Enough to close schools. Which to me is odd cause it's just iced over. You can still see pavement. No way is have gotten a snow day for this... Anyways, I'm off to work for another day of leaning and organizing there. Oh the fun and joy! We're hoping to look at a few houses tomorrow, but we'll see if that works out. Happy Friday everyone! Talk to you all this afternoon!
  • Good Morning! Happy Friday!

Court- I was wondering if you got snow, I saw them saying on the news that there was a little bit of snow up there.

It is really cold here too (for me)! No big plans here this weekend, just chores, working out tomorrow and maybe sunday (I only got 2 workouts in this week so far- work has been crazy). I have to work Monday :( Do you guys get the day off?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happy Friday!! Can't believe it's finally here. I have a three day weekend for MLK day on Monday. It is a much needed 3-day weekend too. I have nothing planned so it  will be a nice and relaxing weekend with house cleaning involved somewhere.

Weather is just pretty cold right now. Still no rain. We are hoping Tuesday but the weather will get colder this weekend.
    Anniversary
  • Happy Friday!! I am so excited for this weekend, I have my maternity pictures and my baby shower!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    KSBruning on TK :)

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/30toyyu.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/23igsnn.jpg[/IMG]

[url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • In Response to Re: Happy Friday!:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning! Happy Friday! Court- I was wondering if you got snow, I saw them saying on the news that there was a little bit of snow up there. It is really cold here too (for me)! No big plans here this weekend, just chores, working out tomorrow and maybe sunday (I only got 2 workouts in this week so far- work has been crazy). I have to work Monday :( Do you guys get the day off?
    Posted by elizp267[/QUOTE]

On the news! We're famous! haha, just jokin. Yeah, we just got a little smidgen last night with lots of wind. And then a tiny flurry this morning. Schools were delayed two hours *rolls eyes*  but really the mountain schools struggle because the roads shut down at the drop of a hat so the buses can't get to the kids there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Friday! : On the news! We're famous! haha, just jokin. Yeah, we just got a little smidgen last night with lots of wind. And then a tiny flurry this morning. Schools were delayed two hours *rolls eyes*  but really the mountain schools struggle because the roads shut down at the drop of a hat so the buses can't get to the kids there.
    Posted by corkietn[/QUOTE]

This completely baffles me.  Here for kids to get a snow day it takes a minimum of 5 feet in one night.  Then they get it, but it also has to be at least -30C.  If it is warmer everything starts (the joy of block heaters!). 

Employers only give snow days if we hit -40C or lower snow amount doesn't matter unless we are having a blizzard. 
  • Happy Friday the 13th!  And yes I'm blaming that for me being late to work.  I had to stop for gas this morning and when I was trying to turn left into the station, so buttmunch ran his red arrow and I had to slam on my brakes so hard to not hit him that my truck actually died.  By the time I got it started, my arrow was red and had to sit there, at the world's longest light.  Then there was a line at the pumps...  Bleh.  But, it's cold enough here this morning to wear my new 1/2 price faux leather jacket from Ann Taylor so there's something. 

We don't get Monday off at my office and I don't think D does either.  I'm having a girls night with my BF and her kiddos tonight - Mexican food followed by a movie at her house but haven't really planned anything beyond that for the weekend.  We missed the Christmas tree pick up by Waste Management so that's still in the living room, shedding needles everywhere so I'm betting we're taking a dump run at some point.  Oh such an exciting life I lead.  :)
  • Where I grew up our High School was layed out like a College campus. We had 8 separate buildings and there were no covered sidewalks to walk to each building.
    For some reason we would rarely get school cancellations and kids would bring sleds to school so they could sled down the sidewalk to their next building. Snowball fights between classes were the most fun!

These southern kids need to man up. :) I know there is a lack of salt and trucks there so I guess I could give them a small break. :)
  • good morning! i woke up feeling sick. like, gross sick. i keep having this thing happen where i get a headache and it makes me nauseous. the only good news is that it passes pretty quickly, so i'm feeling better now.
    it snowed here too, only a few inches, but it is snowing again. now it's apparently lake effect snow, which is more unpredictable and i think tend to dump more on us. not looking forward to driving around in it tomorrow, but i have two meetings and then we are having a housewarming party for WW at our new store. hopefully it is not too bad.
    Anniversary image<br
  • Lisa, do you get migraines?  Any weird visual stuff come with those headaches and nausea? 
  • K - that spreadsheet looks really good!  and fancy.  You did an awesome job!!  Now I am even more excited.  Today is 19 days till I leave!!!  :)
    [QUOTE]Lisa, do you get migraines?  Any weird visual stuff come with those headaches and nausea? 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

That is how many of mine start (and why I was home yesterday) - especially the ones I get brought on by low pressure cells.  I get really sensitive to motion - like wlaking and driving.  Light and and sound I can handle at nromal levels - but bright sun, headlights, or loud noises just add to my problems.
    [QUOTE]K - that spreadsheet looks really good!  and fancy.  You did an awesome job!!  Now I am even more excited.  Today is 19 days till I leave!!!  :)
    Posted by lzmac11[/QUOTE]

Yes! Great job!
    Anniversary
    [QUOTE]Lisa, do you get migraines?  Any weird visual stuff come with those headaches and nausea? 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

i do sometimes get migraines. this headache was not that bad, so i don't think it was a migraine, but i guess with the nausea it could be? i really don't know. i took advil and went back to sleep for like an hour and then i was fine. my stomach is still a little funny but i'm just going to be careful.
    i usually don't have any vision problems associated with it, though.
    Anniversary image<br
  • Hey! Take it easy on us! We get snow so very rarely that it's almost the equivalent of a flood in Canada or a Hurricane in the northern states. We don't have the money to salt the roads or have equipment to clear snow. Plus, there's mountainous terrain with kids being bussed up and down without snow tires. We barely know what snow tires are down here ;)

Employers are a totally different ball game. It has to be pretty serious for my work to shut down. And even when it does, I still have to come in- so no snow days for me!

Ashley, that sounds like a blast! Sledding to class!

BabyFruit Ticker
    [QUOTE]Hey! Take it easy on us! We get snow so very rarely that it's almost the equivalent of a flood in Canada or a Hurricane in the northern states. We don't have the money to salt the roads or have equipment to clear snow. Plus, there's mountainous terrain with kids being bussed up and down without snow tires. We barely know what snow tires are down here ;) Employers are a totally different ball game. It has to be pretty serious for my work to shut down. And even when it does, I still have to come in- so no snow days for me! Ashley, that sounds like a blast! Sledding to class!
    Posted by corkietn[/QUOTE]

It was a good time. The only part that sucked was if you had swim class in the winter then your hair would freeze walking to your next class.

Now the kids where I used to go to school are not tough enough to handle the campus so the school district is building a new one building school and tearing down the campus. How boring you can't walk off campus when you want, bring a wheelbarrow to school to cart people around or sled to your classes. These kids are too spoiled and don't know what fun is...
  • edited January 2012
    Yeah ditto Court- we just don't have the infrastructure to deal with winter weather down here, and I am not interested in my tax dollars paying for tons of salt and snow trucks that will be used maybe once or twice a year. There pretty much has to be an ice sheet on the road for me not to come to work, we still have to report. I think they delay schools because of buses and the liability that the schools/gov't would incur if accidents happened.

K- I hope you feel better soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited January 2012
    Good Morning!

I am so glad that it's Friday! This week was the first week of our spring term, so the calls and emails have been non-stop! Needless to say, I'm a tad behind on my regular work AND now the stupid system decided to be super slow and not let me save any changes. Just what I needed!

My birthday is on Monday, so our families are getting together tomorrow to celebrate my bday. On Sunday, I'll probably do laundry and grocery shopping. I think my parents are taking me out for dinner that night. On Monday, I hope to sleep in and be lazy. I may be meeting up with a couple of girlfriends for lunch, and DH and I will do something that night. Yippee for a 3 day weekend!

I'm glad all of the sicklings are feeling better!
    Ash- your experience during HS on snowy days sounds so fun!
    MB- You always have nasty drivers cutting you off. What's up with the drivers in AZ?
    Linds- Wow you all have to endure a lot in order to get out of work or school on a snowy day!
    Anniversary
  • Chrissy- since I won't be online on Monday... Have a Wonderful Birthday Chick! :)

You already get a nice Birthday present with a 3 day weekend! Lucky!
  • Chrissy my sister's birthday is monday too!! Happy early birthday!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Chrissy - We are used to the snow and cruddy weather.  And a snow day rarely happens here! 

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY CHICA!!
  • Since you probably won't be on line Monday -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISSY!!!!

And to answer your question, I'm starting to think my Xterra is invisible. 
  • I most likely won't be here on Monday either, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    Anniversary
  • I won't be here Monday, either. Happy Birthday, Sweet Chrissy!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Who IS going to be here on Monday?  I hate us not having the same holidays!!
  • I will be Linds.
  • No holiday for me on Monday....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards