Connecticut

The Riverview, Simsbury CT

Hello everyone!

I am getting married at the Riverview in Simsbury CT next September.  Just wondering if anyone on here has gotten married there or had any experience with the venue? 

Re: The Riverview, Simsbury CT

• edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!

I haven't been there, but I've heard good things.  I got married at the Waterview, which is one of their other facilities, and it was amazing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I have a friend that is getting married there in May 2010.  So far she has been really happy with it.
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome & Congrats!!

I have never been there, but alot of the girls have been married at their sisters places & LOVED it! I did visit The Waterview & was very impressed with the staff & venue! I am sure The Riverview is the same!

GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    There is a wedding on Erik Mazrarz's site that was at The Riverview. Beautiful wedding!

http://www.erikmaziarz.com/2009/12/katelyn-jim-the-riverview/
  • edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding there last year.  It was wonderful except I do have a few suggestions.  First, make sure you're very clear with them about what you want them to do with your bouquets after the reception.  They tossed ours including the brides which could very well have been the fault of my friend, the bride but just something to note.  Also, when we were getting ready, we had asked for champagne and were told, we could not have any until the open bar started.  That makes sense but just make sure you bring some if you would like some!  The last thing we didn't plan for was everyone standing outside near the bar.  You might want to close those doors so that your guests don't gather out there instead of being inside on the dance floor.  Again, these are things that were all avoidable had we know beforehand and you may have already thought of all of them but I just wanted to let you know in case you wanted to think about a few things.  All in all, the wedding was one of the most beautiful Ive seen.  The staff was super nice and the food was good as well!  Have an amazing time!!  Congratulations!
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding was there in June of 2008 and everything was great.  We were one of the very first weddings there (they opened in May '08).  Food was good, service was excellent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards