Florida-North Florida

Photo BoothRental... Yay or Nay?!?

My FI and I just attended the Bridal Show today at TPC Marriott and there were a few photo booth rental vendors on site.  I originally did not think I wanted to do this, but it seems like it might be fun.  Obviously totally different types of photos than what our photographer will get!  Thoughts?  Any suggested booth rental vendors?

Thanks!

Re: Photo BoothRental... Yay or Nay?!?

• edited December 2011
    I personally am not going to splurge on the money to get one but it would be something fun and different for your guests. It is all up to you! Hope you had fun at the show. I didn't go :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RikaAndLoranRikaAndLoran member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A wedding I was in recently had one, and it was a blast!
    They got tons of fun shots, and guests put them in the guest book. There were 6 pictures total, so 3 went in the book, and 3 were favors for guests to take home.
    How much fun it is depends on how spontaneous and goofy your guests are. I'd also suggest getting props, such as empty word/thought bubbles (with dry-erase markers), an large emtpy frame, and silly hats.
  • carolg1carolg1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they're super cute. If you can afford it I say go for it!

• edited December 2011
    I think they are neat and seem like they would be a lot of fun. I personally won't be getting one because it isn't in the budget - but if you can afford one then go for it. :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding up in Ohio this past weekend that had a different kind of photobooth - and likely more expensive. www.photoboothlive.com they had a set up more like a photoshoot you can control with a remote and they brought props. They had a big screen in the reception hall that was immediately showing the pics as they took and rotating through old ones - it was a lot of fun but we did notice a lot less dancing bc people were playing with it. Again will say - I am sure not cheap.
  • edited December 2011
    I think they are awesome!! Try looking on Livingsocial.com or groupon.com. I've seen discounts on photo booth rentals before =) Also if you didn't want to spend the money on it you could set up a digital camera with one of the photo printers attached with a cute backdrop and people could take their own pictures. That way people get a souvenir of their pictures but you still get the memory card! =)
  • edited December 2011
    We are definitely going to do it.  It's not cheap!  At $750 got 3 hrs + props + a comments book for guests to sign +++, it's probably going to be close to $1000.  I had originally planned not to do favors and make a place card for guests that read something to the effect that a donation had been made in our guests honor to our favorite charity - similarly, in lieu of a registry, we are asking guests to consider supporting this same charity - we both are big animal lovers and volunteer at our city's animal shelter and support the non-profit organization that supports the shelter.  Anyway, I thought this photobooth would give the guests that participate something to take with them (their photo strip), sort of like a favor.

Seems like a fun idea and photos will be way different than that of what our photographer gets!  LOL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards