Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

AW Thursday

I'm starting to get a little pumped about bachelorette party this weekend. Yay!

Re: AW Thursday

• Carrie, that will be so much fun! Where are you going, and what are you guys going to be doing? Besides it being the last day of school for the little guy, I got nothing!
  • We are doing Painting with a Twist in the afternoon, then getting ready and going out to dinner. Then we will do a short lingerie shower at the Hyatt Regency, where we are staying, and then going out to Plush.
    I've NEVER been to Plush, it's totally not my scene, but I hear it's great for silly girls at a Bachelorette party.
  • I didn't have a Bach party so I will live vicariously through you!  Pictures or it didn't happen ;-)

I already AW'd yesterday, so I don't have a whole heck of a lot to AW about today.  Thank god tomorrow is Friday... work is a cluster right now.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sounds like fun, Carrie!

Bill Braun dropped off my newly-preserved wedding gown yesterday.  It's so pretty in that box -- I really want to take it out and put it back on!  I'm happy I got it done, though.  With all this moving, it's good to have it somewhere safe.  =)

I also got to see Becky yesterday!  She is so sweet.  Also, her email address has changed, for anyone who has been trying to reach her.  It's now @live.com instead of @tx.rr.com.

I am really tired of all the glitches.  I know we say every time, "It's getting worse," but it is REALLY bad lately.  Around 4 every afternoon, all the recent posts on the Catholic board disappear, and then reappear the next morning.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-139?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f3367101-52ab-40bf-8d56-f388681d698bPost:32154851-8e0d-4168-8a37-2d7a8863814b">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE] I am really tired of all the glitches.  I know we say every time, "It's getting worse," but it is REALLY bad lately.  Around 4 every afternoon, all the recent posts on the Catholic board disappear, and then reappear the next morning.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

YES! I posted an XP on the Reception board yesterday (just a psa on some cheap flip flops I came across), and somehow it ended up on the New York Nest boards for awhile. I think it's back now...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-139?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:f3367101-52ab-40bf-8d56-f388681d698bPost:3e7c50b3-1bbf-48e3-ac42-2104374ba523">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing <strong>Painting with a Twist</strong> in the afternoon, then getting ready and going out to dinner. Then we will do a short lingerie shower at the Hyatt Regency, where we are staying, and then going out to Plush. I've NEVER been to Plush, it's totally not my scene, but I hear it's great for silly girls at a Bachelorette party.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

I love painting with a twist!! You are going to have a great time this weekend!
  • ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Yay, Carrie! I'm so excited for you!

Amanda, thanks for the heads up on Becky. I may have been freaking here in a month or so.

My AW is that we finally found/booked our officiant and I am super excited about her! I think this is one of the very few things that I've been 100% sure about before booking (such are the woes of an indecisive bride).
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-139?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:f3367101-52ab-40bf-8d56-f388681d698bPost:028c3861-94e4-42a7-9803-9bcba311a271">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay, Carrie! I'm so excited for you! Amanda, thanks for the heads up on Becky. I may have been freaking here in a month or so. My AW is that we <strong>finally found/booked our officiant</strong> and I am super excited about her! I think this is one of the very few things that I've been 100% sure about before booking (such are the woes of an indecisive bride).
    Posted by ejheart[/QUOTE]

I am so glad you said this. I was feeling nervous since our church is taking forever to get back with us and I thought this should've been booked months ago.
  • Have fun Carrie! I'm not having a bachelorette party. I'm too old for that. eh heart did you decide on Tina Long? That's who I booked. My AW is I booked the bakery and I'm meeting with Cindy tomorrow to see my daughter's senior pics.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-139?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:f3367101-52ab-40bf-8d56-f388681d698bPost:9002d7d3-0a00-47da-ab25-aeafc50688a6">Re:AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have fun Carrie! I'm not having a bachelorette party. I'm too old for that. eh heart did you decide on Tina Long? That's who I booked. My AW is I booked the bakery and I'm meeting with Cindy tomorrow to see my daughter's senior pics.
    Posted by ktwed1[/QUOTE]

Yep, we went with Tina! She's so laid back and just seemed perfect for us.

Ash - She actually said that sometimes she will have couples call her a few weeks before the wedding because they completely forget about the actual ceremony part. To me, that's a little crazy...but that just goes to show you that you aren't NEARLY that behind. :)
    Anniversary
  • Guys I just realized.... where has Kristan been??? Last we heard she moved to WF.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-139?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f3367101-52ab-40bf-8d56-f388681d698bPost:ab2bd1e9-693a-4eb4-9c5b-433f57835e51">Re:AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:AW Thursday : <strong>Yep, we went with Tina! </strong>She's so laid back and just seemed perfect for us. Ash - She actually said that sometimes she will have couples call her a few weeks before the wedding because they completely forget about the actual ceremony part. To me, that's a little crazy...but that just goes to show you that you aren't NEARLY that behind. :)
    Posted by ejheart[/QUOTE]
    Yay! Glad you felt the same way! We just got our mawh-age license back from her. <div>
    </div><div>DH and I had our first date out as a married couple last night at this cute little sushi place near our house at preston and forest. Actually pretty nice! It was also my first day back in the office and my boss was showing off all the stuff I designed- made me feel really good that people actually noticed my PS skills :) </div><div>
    </div><div>Have fun at your bachelorette party Carrie! We did the Girl's Room (actually a lot of fun- don't judge :) ), Palomino's for dinner, then bar hopped in Uptown, and ended up in downtown (Glass, Empire Rock Bar, Cameo). I think you will have fun at Plush! If you guys haven't ever been to Teddy's Room- you might give that a try too! I wish I could get married just to have the party again lol. </div><div>
    </div><div>Amanda- I am so happy you are almost done and get to finally live with DH and Brisbey! </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-139?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f3367101-52ab-40bf-8d56-f388681d698bPost:cab1f7fa-5b85-4cee-a360-c764fa31ec71">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guys I just realized.... where has Kristan been??? Last we heard she moved to WF.
    I was wondering this a few weeks ago but figured it was just on a thread that I missed :( 
  • arco13arco13 member
    First Comment
    What on earth is Painting with a twist? That sounds fun!

My AW: I am finally, finally FINALLY moved out of the old apartment, handed in the keys today. This has been such a long week, and I still have a lot of unpacking to do at the new place.

I'm really hoping the rain is done for today, as I was super excited that this would be the first day I could lay out by the pool and just relax with no work and no boxes to unload from my car, and then I woke up to that huge storm...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-139?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f3367101-52ab-40bf-8d56-f388681d698bPost:59ddd29f-9240-4e63-aa70-1ff62a2da4bb">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]What on earth is Painting with a twist? That sounds fun!
    Posted by arco13[/QUOTE]

I have four letters for you: B-Y-O-W
  • arco13arco13 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-139?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f3367101-52ab-40bf-8d56-f388681d698bPost:f05af387-ec86-4c09-bad1-07b08a5a4233">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday : I have four letters for you: B-Y-O-W

Aw, how did you know my favorite 4 letters?

I will be informing my sister and MOH of this at once.
  • BYOW! I need some right now. My day ended up being really horrible. Surprise visit from the new DM with her side kick who is training her. UGHHHH!!!! Let's say it didn't go well. I also noticed all my posts from today have serious typos. That will teach me to post from my phone. I'm really not that illiterate.
    So I'm going to go box and the bag will have 2 faces on it and than maybe a stiff drink. Thank goodness I have tomorrow off.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-139?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f3367101-52ab-40bf-8d56-f388681d698bPost:cab1f7fa-5b85-4cee-a360-c764fa31ec71">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guys I just realized.... where has Kristan been??? Last we heard she moved to WF.
    She moved to WF. Both Julie and I tried to contact her on FB. She hasn't answered. <div>
    </div><div>ML&CJ called her but she picked up, then hung up. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-139?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f3367101-52ab-40bf-8d56-f388681d698bPost:aa7e9237-0ce8-471c-90f4-084468997f44">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday : She moved to WF. Both Julie and I tried to contact her on FB. She hasn't answered.  ML&CJ called her but she picked up, then hung up. 
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Errr... that's nuts.  So what, you move to WF and we become awful people you can't associate with?  That's kind of ridiculous.  And by kind of, I mean completely.

</div>
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-139?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f3367101-52ab-40bf-8d56-f388681d698bPost:29c9bdc3-4af8-43a6-b8e2-8fb346d989ac">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday : Errr... that's nuts.  So what, you move to WF and we become awful people you can't associate with?  That's kind of ridiculous.  And by kind of, I mean completely.
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]
    I was going to text her, but I've been busy. <div>Apparently vacation in my office is a crime punishable by stupidity (other people's that is).</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards