December 2012 Weddings

New here and decor question! :)

Hey girls! My name is Rachel, and my wedding date is December 29th, 2012. :)

Does anyone have any advice on centerpieces/decorations for me? I'm on a budget, plus it's the winter, so I don't really want to go with flowers, but I'm not really sure what to use as a substitution. 

I've thought of candles, and I'm considering them, but if anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear them! Thank you in advance! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New here and decor question! :)

• It really depends on what you're "theme" is. If you're going with a winter theme, you can always do some sort of clear/white/crystal ornaments or what ever your colors are. Candles are always good idea, they give a warm feeling. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HI :) Welcome!! I'm getting married 12-1-12. Last winter, I bought tons of christmas decor 50% off. My colors are light pink, silver/gray & white. I'm doing my centerpieces with a vase filled with different ornaments, a table number & a mason jar wrapped in lace with a candle :) I'm not having many flowers at the wedding, mainly just baby's breath for a few milk glass vases I have. 
  • Welcome!!  It definitely depends on your theme.  I personally am a big fan of candles.  My centerpices are old blue-tinted mason jars from my gram filled with water and with a floating candle with a purple ribbon around the neck (my colors are light purple and dark blue).  Then, around the mason jars are little baby food jars covered with alternating purple and white lace, tied with either silver or blue ribbon around the neck, and with tealights inside. 

Another idea, depending on what resources you have available, you could do something with greenery, like evergreens instead of flowers/leaves.  You could do something with wreaths for the centerpieces, which could also include candles.  We are using evergreen swags (vertical drape-y ones, not horizontal) to decorate the ends of the pews for the ceremony, which I think will look very nice.  If you have access to actual evergreen trees somewhere on your property or a relative's I don't think they are that hard to make.  But you could probably also find fake materials from Hobby Lobby or Michael's or another craft store.

Also, ornaments could be nice.  I know Hobby Lobby has a lot of those in all different colors, as well, because I was originally planning to do something with that, but ended up coming up with other ideas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats!  I am getting married the same day!  Good luck to you with everything.  For our wedding I have luminaries being made that have a heart on them with love written in different languages on them, and with our names and the date, and they will be lit with flameless tea lights inside.  All for just $30 for ten tables!  I am also having a small flower arrangement with dark purple carnations (not too expensive, pretty, and small).  Those are just some ideas....also maybe some pictures of you two from various ages in frames.  Best wishes to you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_new-here-im-rachel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:6ed2878e-e92a-4c02-8dc8-829dc7b1d2bcPost:457ff38d-7dd1-41d1-9a59-fcd2a87dd8b5">Re: New here and decor question! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]HI :) Welcome!! I'm getting married 12-1-12. Last winter, I bought tons of christmas decor 50% off. My colors are light pink, silver/gray & white. I'm doing my centerpieces with a vase filled with different ornaments, a table number & a mason jar wrapped in lace with a candle :) I'm not having many flowers at the wedding, mainly just baby's breath for a few milk glass vases I have. 
    Posted by annamhisle[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This EXACTLY!  The only difference is we are using picture frames with pictures of our childhood for our table numbers!!!</div><div>
    </div><div>WELCOME!!!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Birthday
  • I agree with pp's about theme!  We are getting married on 12-1-12 but we are having an afternoon wedding and reception so our decor will be a little more casual.  We have long tables for our guests to eat familly style, they will be covered in white linen with a long burlap runner along the center of the table, this runner will has it's own lace runner running the middle of it.  We will have alternating centerpieces between steel water pails with "twigs" with white christmas lights (as the tall pieces) and lace covered mason jars with tea lights surronding.  Our short centerpieces will wine bottles from a local winery with upside down wine candles with tea lights on the "top" of the glass and a sunflower under the rim.  I guess since our's is so close to fall I still have a few fall elements involved, but you could do something similar with roses or other flowers.  Good luck!!
    Happily in love since 12-01-10 Happily married since 12-01-12
  • I agree that it will depend on your theme. My wedding is 12-22-12. For us, with my b-day being 12/19 and my FI's being 1/10, and our dating anniversay being 1/3, we generally don't make a big deal out of Christmas. For us, I wanted something that looked seasonal appropriate without making any reference to Christmas. Our colors are hunter/holly green and chocolate brown. We are using white as a highlight. We decided to do this: http://pinterest.com/pin/115897390380350882/  Good luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ACCCK! WE'RE WEDDING DAY TWINS!!!!!! We haven't quite decided, but going the route of Angelaac8706
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm getting married December 1 and I'm having a variety of centerpieces. I have 15 tables and I have one option for our table to have it be unique (white manzanita tree with hanging crystals), 5 tables with a white candelabra with some flowers interwoven, and 10 tables with two different sized square containers with white hydrangeas.
  • I'm so sorry I haven't responded to any of you  yet! I'm still in school, and I've benen so busy with that and wedding appointments that I haven't had any time to get back here! :(

Thank you so much for your input and suggestions, ladies! You're all wonderful! :)

SeptemberLadie--I LOVE the ornaments, I never thought of that!! I am doing a winter theme, but I didn't want to be "Christmas-y". But clear/white/crystal would be really pretty and more "winter" than "Christmas! :)

annamhisle--Like I said above, the ornaments sound really pretty! :) My colors are white and silver/gray, with little touches of bright pink and ice blue.

AlexaNP--The evergreen pew decorations sound really nice! I've been trying to figure something out for the pews--one of our potential photographers told us that once she missed the couple's first kiss because there wasn't anything there and someone stepped into the aisle in front of her right when it happened! I don't want that happening! Thank you for the idea! :)

jahejtmanek--Congrats and good  luck to you too!! I'm so excited! :) And those luminaries sound gorgeous!! I wish I had time to get something like that made! 

MelissaJB22 and jahejtmanek--I've seen those pictures of the couple from each age before in other places. Love it!! :)

aaronNmandy2012--I love all your lace! I'm definitely trying to figure out how to incorporate lace into the decor, it's so pretty!! :)

angelaac8706--Like I said to AlexaNP, I'm really liking the idea of using evergreens, so I like your centerpieces! Thanks for the link!! :)

footballwife77--Aaaack that's so awesome!!! :D

asdoyle1221--Hmm, that's really interesting having the tables be different. I never thought of that, but that might be a really good idea for us since we're on a budget and we can't necessarily buy enough of certain things to do all the tables. Thanks for the idea!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards