April 2012 Weddings

Reception Items Purchased!

I feel accomplished finally...I bought my guestbook, pen, toasting flutes, and knife/server set today online.

http://www.favorfavor.com/page/FF/PROD/2498

I also bought a wedding card cage today while out shopping.  Now that I have actual items, the wedding seems more real. 

Has anyone else bought any wedding items yet (besides the dress)?

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Reception Items Purchased!

• YAY on your first wedding purchases! It does make it seem so much more real once you start all of that! I have began to purchase items as well. Ive got my guest book, pen, archway (our backup for an outdoor ceremony), vases for our centerpieces, wicker baskets for various uses, and printers for our DIY photobooth I am making.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    I just ordered some invite enclosures from vistaprint, along with our STDs and an engagement picture album from Shutterfly. I also picked up a pack of 100 Thank You cards for $19 at WalMart. Ordered my garter, table number tent cards, and an autograph frame (in place of a guest book) too!

Next on the list is a nice looking, painted flower pot for cards. I'm also trying to buy BM gifts as I go. I will probably take a break from buying up little things since I have several deposits I need to make in the next 2-3 months and that will take a huge chunk of savings/wedding budget at once. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • We bought a custom stamp with our names and date on it that we're going to use along with the invitations, etc...and got a good deal on some photosharing cards so we picked those up too. We also have a cake topper and some other decorations already that we got a good deal on from someone who recently had their wedding...like PP said we will probably take a bit of a break for a while to save up more toward deposits and such
  • I have part of my BM gifts, and my photobooth!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • omg... i feel so behind! 
    i still havent had any luck finding a dj :(  hopefully we'll have our music booked soon. I went to a place that sells handmade favors, and dried flower centerpieces. I loved some wedding bells they had but I think they are too expensive, $70 a dozen. So Im hoping I can get the materials and make them myself.
    Planning a wedding is so overwhelming!
    April 2012 October siggy challenge Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rarditorardito member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I didn't even think of doing something like a flower pot for a card holder!  I like that idea.

I still need to get an arch, but I'm thinking about getting one that I can use in the backyard after the wedding, just as a yard decoration, so I'm going to wait on purchasing it.  Those things are expensive!

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm still in the process of gathering supplies to make sand candles for my centerpieces...but my bridesmaids are itching to start some crafting!!  Other than that, I haven't bought anything yet, but I want to!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Wow, im very behind! I gotta get the ball rolling. All we have is wedding bands, only because its what we decided we would splurge on. I have an idea of two wedding venues i want. but cannot decide! 
  • You guys are making me feel a little behind haha, but they again i have only been engaged for 2 months.  So far venue, photographer, videographer are done.  Wroking on the DJ and JP.  Then i can dive into STD and so much more haha.   Just trying to enjoy it and not get too stressed :)
    ~~Sabrina~~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2011

We've started purchasing stuff too! Have our cake cutting set, toasting glasses, STDs, Invites (not printed yet), rings, my tiera/headband, wedding day jewelry, and a little bit of both ceremony/reception decor. Yay!
    We've got the church, reception, dj, cake baker, photographer & videographer, and the florist booked! Whoo, hoo! We lucked out with several deals for booking early, also helps the budget since we can make payments. Wedding Date is April 21,2012!

• Yay!  The first thing I bought was my flowergirls' shoes- found The Ones at Target about a week after I got engaged, on clearance for $3.  We bought a couple pairs for each girl in sizes larger than what they wear now so chances are good that one pair will fit them next year and even if they don't, we're only out $12.  Since then, I've ordered my guestbook, toasting flutes, and designed all of my stationery- we are printing ourselves.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards