California-Inland Empire

Catering, on a budget.

Ok so I've been looking around and the average plate per person runs around 15 and up (the ones I've found) I could have gone with the catering at my reception but the cheapest menu was 35 per person, which would be $7,770 And that was waaaay over our budget and we we're thinking about making the food ourselves as our last alternative. Before we go there I wanted to ask if anyone knows a more affordable catering. We want a simple menu, nothing fancy.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Catering, on a budget.

• Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure there has to be some sort of restaraunts in the area that do take out. Try getting some prices from them. I strongly advise against giving yourself the stress of making your own food...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Where are you getting married at?

• edited December 2011

In Orange County CA
    We are really trying to avoid to do the cooking ourselves since there's going to be enough things to be doing the day of. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Check out some local restaurants, smaller ones not chains like mom and pops places.  There has to be some places that do catering relatively cheap.  I also would highly advise you to not do the food yourself.  You are already going to be super stressed, that will just add to it and it could ruin your day =(

• edited December 2011
    Hi! II have been MIA for a bit, but if something went right the day of my wedding it was the food!!! A lady chef at a nice Italian restaurant has a little side business of catering, and we paid about 7 dollars per plate!! We had a large guest count so that REALLY helped us out. Also, we did our dinner buffet style, so the DJ dismissed tables and they choose their plates, the couple that catered for us, had people serving. ;) That saved us a pretty penny on food...

They are located in Pomona, but they might go out there for your day. If you interested, e-mail me gualu30 at hotmail dot com & I will fwd their information. :D 

They also let us taste a few plates before we decided what we wanted to serve.

Good Luck!

• emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow 7 is amazing!! we're paying 13 per person, and they also offer 10 packages, which is not bad, here's the website, http://www.memoriesdancing.com/banquets/cater.html , if you check them out ask for John he's super ncie and does tastings every monday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• edited December 2011
    We did a taste test with www.affordablelegancecatering.com/" target="_blank">www.affordablelegancecatering.com his name is Robert and is very nice and the food was delicious. He does all types of food and within the price you want. We gave him an estimate of how much we want to spend and he came back with a lesser price. He includes all silverware, plates, ect and they have other services as well. Our co-worker who recently got married recommended him. His taste testing are free and of no obligation :)
  • edited December 2011
    hiya emilypeach!

I am at Memories twice a week for swing dancing. My FI and I assist the instructors with running the classes. In any case, I haven't given too much thought to having our reception there but I wanted to ask you a question. Do you know if you're required to use their catering, or can you bring in your own food?

thanks a bunch!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-inland-empire_catering-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:69Discussion:6dd22737-7650-4c83-b6ce-40ffb61bdf2dPost:b7984a54-81d5-4d48-ab5a-980d36eab027">Catering, on a budget.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so I've been looking around and the average plate per person runs around 15 and up (the ones I've found) I could have gone with the catering at my reception but the cheapest menu was 35 per person, which would be $7,770 And that was waaaay over our budget and we we're thinking about making the food ourselves as our last alternative. Before we go there I wanted to ask if anyone knows a more affordable catering. We want a simple menu, nothing fancy.
    Posted by Mioh1[/QUOTE]

try chicken maison in santa ana
  • GOOD CATERER IN ORANGE COUNTY** CHICKEN MAISON** LOCATED IN SANTA ANA,CA
  • Hey I read what you said about that lady that did your wedding for 7 a plate do you mind giving me her info I'm getting married around San Bernardino so it's close to upland :
  • Hi I read your info about the lady that did your food do mind sending me the information my wedding is going to be by upland my wedding is in march 9 13 I need a cater in stressing : 7 a plate sounds good
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards