Wisconsin

Milwaukee Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

Hey all! Any ideas fora  rehearsal dinner downtown. Our venue is Grain Exchange so we wanted to stay downtown for the rehearsal dinner to make things easier. I love the idea of the new Red Accordian (where Vecchio Mondo used to be) but would love more suggestions in case it proves to be too small.

THANKS!!!

Re: Milwaukee Rehearsal Dinner Ideas

• edited December 2011
    The Palms; Joey Buona's, Coquette Cafe.....those are right in that area!
  • edited December 2011
    we had ours at Fratello's. It was wonderful, I highly recommend it.
  • edited December 2011
    Joey Buonos was awesome for my brother's rehearsal dinner!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Molly Cool's
  • edited December 2011
    Molly Cools? really?  Darn, how did  I miss that. I have been dying to go there just for dinner. I can't wait to read your review.
    We are going with the Friday Fish Fry idea and reserved at Lakefront Brewery with the resturant/catering side. Good food, fun locations, and local beer.  Also, priced right considering we blew the budget on wedding catering {with no regrets}.
    I hope you are having fun while planning. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I can't give my full review yet as to how Molly Cool's will be, but so far they have been absolutely amazing.  We are having the dinner outside on the river in their enclosed patio.  So the view is amazing.   the prices are very affordable considering its downtown Milwaukee.  they are also giving us the happy hour bar rates, which is buy one get one free tap beer, rail cocktails, and house wines.  We both love raw oysters so during the cocktail hour they are having an oyster shucker station where a guy will be there with all the oysters, so the guests will go up, tell him how many oysters they would like, and they will shuck them right there.  so if anyone is looking for a fun and affordable place, I def. recommend checking out Molly Cool's!
  • toniinzeotoniinzeo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Guys!!! Those are all great ideas....I know everyone seems to love Joey Buonos...and I think it is a fine place...but I am trying to stay away from Italian, as Bartolottas is doing a more Italian theme for our food the next night at the wedding. Has anyone been to The Red Accordian yet?? It is where Cafe Vechio Mondo used to be...tapas/small plate dining. What did you think? Molly Cools sounds GREAT and our hotel block is at thenew Aloft (any reviews on them yet i know they are new) so Molly Cools would be perfect....and I LOOOOOOVE the idea of being outside on the river! THANKS LADIES!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards