Illinois-Chicago

::Sparkle1985::

Hey, I was just noticing in your bio that we have the same invites! I also worked with Michelle from Inkedpapers. She's great! Have fun incorporating the chandelier into your wedding!

Re: ::Sparkle1985::

• edited December 2011
    I used Michelle too with inked papers for other things!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    You did? She's awesome!! I did a lot of DIY in the paper department but my invitaitons are all hers! The chandelier matches the duchess chandelier at the Rialto, too.
  • edited December 2011
    Im still sooo jealous that you are having your wedding there!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I've dreamed of the Rialto for ages! Fingers crossed it all turns out and we do not end up with a blizzard in December so I can have guests:-)
  • Sparkle1985Sparkle1985 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know!!!! I actually noticed it about a week ago so I saved your bio... I've been meaning to say something but you beat me to it!!!  I am not crafty with the computer at all so i am having Michelle do a few things for me.  She is doing the monogram, STD's, and the invites.  I think I am only buying the pdf files for everything though since I would like to budget in some way on these.  The STD's I'm not so worried about since it's a sheet of cardstock but the invitations seem like a big production to put together.  Which I was meaning to ask you about.. If you want to PM me.. I was wondering what the invites cost you since you put them together yourself.  Anyways.. She is great to work with.

And btw.. I went to a wedding at the Rialto this past August and it was a great venue!  My FI and I have a picture of us under the sign outside that announced their wedding that day... I'm so jealous of that.  Everytime I see it I whine and say, "I WANT A SIGN!!"  Haha.. but you will love it!
  • edited December 2011
    I also only bought the pdf file from her and printed at Office Max using a coupon. I had to print a massive amount so about 150 invitations including: invitations + 3 inserts and the total was about $250.00. I used their ivory linen cardstock to print. Also, in my bio you see I was getting a litte creative with a velvet bellyband and the monogram. I scratched that due to pricing. Once I weighed at the post office, it was going to be $1.05 and I already bought chandelier stamps at zazzle.com that were $.61. (check that site too). Instead I am using a gold foil seal which I found pretty cheap on some website? We did calligraphy in the back of the pocket fold (opposite of the seal side).

I also purchased the pocket folds from paper and more along with the red envelopes along with a little crystal that goes in the middle of each chandelier. I think I figured my invites were about $4.95 each or $742.00 not including calligraphy. This is including the stamps, return envelope and that stamp as well. 

Clearly...this was an expensive project. I don't have any advice on how to cut costs on pocket folds with the exception of making sure it "makes weight" at the post office.

Can't wait for the theater marquee in our name!
    edited December 2011
    Yeah.. I knew this was going to be one of the more expensive projects.  I need about the same amount as you as well.  I still have a few months till I need to start worrying about the invites but I think I'm going to start putting together a mockup just so I know what I'm really in for. lol
  • edited December 2011
    And start ordering samples from paperandmore or cardsandpockets so you knwo what you like! I ordered a TON before deciding.
    edited December 2011
    oh- I meant to ask you also.. Where is your wedding band from? It looks identical to mine... we must have the same taste :)
  • edited December 2011
    Teeny little boutique family jeweler called Ericka's in Park Ridge. I can't wait to put that puppy on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards