Pennsylvania-Central

Newbie here/help!!

Hey everyone!
I'm Rachel and am getting married on April 28th, 2012 at Felicita Resort in Harrisburg (FI and I are both from York). We're having an outdoor ceremony and ballroom reception on site. I'm glad we got the most important part booked, but I'm nervous about some other things. I'll list what I'm having trouble with below and if anyone has any tips for me please let me know! Any other central PA brides getting married at Felicita or getting married on 4/28? Thanks in advance for any help!

-DJ: I'm looking for someone who is a professional yet SUPER cheap because right now FI is trying to convince me to use his cousin but I know that's a no no to use family, plus his cousin is more of a club/merengue/bachata style DJ which I don't want. It's hard to compete with free though, so any DJ I find would have to be really reasonable for FI to consider it.

-flowers. I've met with florists and I'm pretty well decided on buying my own flowers and making my bouquets and centerpieces which I do feel confident in doing. However, I don't want to order my flowers online, I want to buy them through a wholesaler or florist locally. Any leads on where to go for that? I'm totally lost. York, Lancaster, Hershey, Harrisburg are all fine for me to travel to for that. I'm looking mainly for carnations, mini callas and a few peonies.

-ceremony musician. I'm dying to have a harpist for the ceremony which should be relatively short. It's outdoor, but under a covered pavilion. The cheapest I can find is $300 and I'm more interested in having a student or church harpist play for a lot less than that. I don't know anyone though and have no connections with musicians really. Any recommendations?

Thanks ladies, hope to be active on this board!

~Rachel

Re: Newbie here/help!!

• edited December 2011
    DJ-- Adam McCallister, definitely.  He's cheap and such a great DJ.  radioadam@live.com

Flowers-- Karens on Country Road definitely.  I used Karen and my flowers were incredible!!

Harpist-- We did use one of my students.  I'll get back to you with her contact information!
  • Suero2012Suero2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you SO much! I'll definitely check out the DJ and florist and keep my fingers crossed! Whenever you find your student's info that would be so helpful to have! Thanks a bunch :)
  • daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    For flowers: try Esbenshade's in Lititz-I met with a florist (Flowers by Heather Ann) who does weddings from her home and she orders everything wholesale through them. 

Or you can contact Heather Ann and she does a free quote, she's definitely cheaper than most florist shops, and you can save even more money by picking up your flowers directly from her, rather than having them delivered. 

Good luck!
  • hlzanderhlzander member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ-Matt Haines with Mixed Impressions DJs-Matt is so kind, laid back and easy to work with. You can't beat his prices! He was the DJ at my friend's wedding and everyone was up dancing the entire time.
    Flowers-Petals with Style. Stacia is amazing and willing to work with any budget. You won't find work like hers anywhere else!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
  • ncd5015ncd5015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ - I've been to weddings where I've seen: Mixed Up Productions, Denny from Wink 104, and Newman from Bob 949.  All were great and I would recommend them!

Florist - I'm using Pealer's in Camp Hill.  Denyse has been really helpful and very easy to get in touch with!

Nothing for the harpist - sorry!

Best of luck with everything!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TammyandJakeTammyandJake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I order my flowers from Royers and did them myself.
    image Hannah and Alfie
  • Suero2012Suero2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thanks for all the great suggestions everyone! I really appreciate it! I'll post if any of these works out for me, wish me luck :)
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ - I second Adam McCallister. Best priced DJ around. Is discreet and doesn't take over but helps the day move along. Really funny and down to earth. Great help too.

Florist - Floral Designs of Mount Joy...amazing, different, abstract, and artistic work. She really knows her stuff.

Not using a musician so I can't help there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I second Heather Ann, She is so sweet and nice. 
    http://floralsbyheatherann.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards