Rhode Island

New to Board

Hi all!

I'm starting to do some of the leg work for my August 2012 wedding (I take forever to make decisions, so it's best to start early - I started looking at colleges when I was only a sophomore, and I still had a hard time deciding!)

I've already decided on who I'm marrying, though - that was definitely the easy part! We have picked out the ring, decided on a date (well, it was sort of decided for us, but yeah), but not engaged yet, so I'll be sure to let you all know when it's official.

I met my boyfriend Ted while playing kickball in Washington, DC where we both lived at the time.  We became really good friends, but were both casually dating other people.  One night, he blew off a blind date to stay in and play Monopoly with me, and we've been together ever since!

Ted is a law student who is also a 2nd Lt in the USMC - after graduation and passing the bar, he will be entering the service as a JAG Officer (essentially a lawyer for the Marines).  We have a small window of time between when he takes the Florida Bar exam and when he'll have to report for duty, and that's when we plan on getting married!

I am an event programmer for a financial magazine focused on Latin America - I set the agenda for the conferences, invite speakers, and travel to the locations to make sure things go smoothly.  It's really fun!

We both live in South Florida, but my family is from Barrington so I plan on getting married in Rhode Island (both because it's always been my dream to be married by the water, but also so my Mom can do a lot of the legwork!)

So hello everyone, congratulations on your weddings, I look forward to learning more about you all!  Please let me know if you have any newbie tips, as I'm just starting this whole process.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: New to Board

• jmorta04jmorta04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratulations!  You'll find tons of tips on this board and really helpful people.  I'm also pretty new to this board and have already gotten so many ideas.  My FI and I have been engaged since December '08 and are getting married in July '11 so we have also had a lot of time to plan, which has worked out really well for us.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement and welcome to the Board. Looking forward to reading the planning of your special day. I have been MIA for a bit due to starting my own business...but happy to say that I am back and ready to blog and read all the post. Any ideas/plans on your big day so far?
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! Everyone here is friendly and full of advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards