Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Pale Pink Nail Polish Recommendations?

I''m doing my own nail polish for the wedding and I've  bought several shades and brands, but I haven't been thrilled with any of them so far. Does anyone have a recommendation for a pale pink nail polish that will look elegant and neutral and won't chip right away? I don't have great nails, so I don't really want them to stand out too much, just to look polished. I'm looking for one that is not shimmery or glittery and is a very subtle pink like the normal color of nails or a french manicure type pink. Thanks!

Re: Pale Pink Nail Polish Recommendations?

• Hi!  This is my first time posting on a board other than my city board, lol.  I LOVE OPI Bubble bath...It's a nice shade of pink without being too pinky.  And it lasts. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I like Bubble Bath also and wear it alot.  The color I just got for Easter is called Isn't It Romantic and it is very light-much lighter and less pink than it looks in the bottle.  It's really pretty.

Another one I had in my hand is called It's a Girl--also very pretty

Bubble Bath:

• If you want a mostly clear pink, I like this stuff. My nails are very weak and polish chips easily, but this stuff stays on for a long time. You can also just use it as a base coat.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/artificial-nails/SBS-108500,default,pd.html

Or would you be interested in a soak-off gel manicure (Shellac, Gelish, etc)? I got that for e-pics, and I've gone a week and a half so far with no chipping. The place I went is $20 for a solid color manicure.
  • OPI Bubble Bath!!!!! My absolute favorite shade!!!! Its my go to color. I also wore it on my wedding day......along with all my bridesmaids.
  • Ironically enough, I used OPI's   Who needs a Prince?   

My DH is an utter sweetheart and the OPI name has nothing to do with his sweet personality.  
  • I'm going to be wearing OPI's "Sweet Memories". 

Photobucket
  • Oh I thought of one more--this might be what I got for Easter, now I can't remember.  OPI Privacy Please

• Go with OPI bubble bath! If you want a gelish manicure they do them with OPI and I got one in the bubble bath color a few weeks ago. It lasted about 2 weeks and it was the perfect pale pink color...I actually tried because I am obsessed with food network and that is the color Giada wears and her nails always look amazing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I need to try this OPI Bubble Bath! I highly recommend Essie Ballet Slippers or Angel Food. Love them!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_pale-pink-nail-polish-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:9c19b845-3370-403c-9170-ea08e761ee3aPost:33979e14-f960-4b35-805d-1273e5689380">Re: Pale Pink Nail Polish Recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to try this OPI Bubble Bath! I highly recommend Essie Ballet Slippers or Angel Food. Love them!!!
    Posted by MyWedding13[/QUOTE]

<div>agreed with this one. I have owned these shades in the past and i love them the way they look with my hands. The thing is with pale pink nail polish is that you have to find the right one that suits with your skintone. </div><div>
    </div><div>I have also tried mademoissele before and ths one is nice too. Just be careful not to apply it too thick otherwise it will look really pink. You should be good with 2 coats. I would do your nails 2 days or even a day before to keep it looking fresh. Then the day of the wedding apply a topcoat to give it that nice shine to it.  </div>
  • Try Sally Hansen's Sheerly Beloved. It is a very light, sweet touch of pink :)

• Thanks everyone. I looked for the OPI Bubble Bath, but they didn't have that shade at any of the drugstores near me so I ended up going with the Essie Mademoiselle color instead. I just tested it last night and I like how it looks with two coats as CaylaSummer said. I'll definitely have to check out the Bubble Bath shade after the wedding though since that shade looks very pretty. : )
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_pale-pink-nail-polish-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:9c19b845-3370-403c-9170-ea08e761ee3aPost:54775546-dfd1-4a96-b86f-9668445a5f08">Re: Pale Pink Nail Polish Recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone. I looked for the OPI Bubble Bath, but they didn't have that shade at any of the drugstores near me so I ended up going with the Essie Mademoiselle color instead. I just tested it last night and I like how it looks with two coats as CaylaSummer said. I'll definitely have to check out the Bubble Bath shade after the wedding though since that shade looks very pretty. : )
    Posted by thatspoetic[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's an older shade.  Most salons have it but not sure about stores.  Glad you found something!
  • All the above suggestions are great. For no chip nails, make sure to use a base coat and top coat. YOU NEED Seche Vite top coat. SImply the best. I'm not fond of their base coat though.
  • opi and essie have some great shades
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ha! OPI bubble bath was going to be my suggestion too. It's what I'm using.
    Alter Ego and Honey Moon Sweet are also good OPI suggestions.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards