North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Need recommendations for wedding planner/coordinator

Does anyone have a recommendation for a fun and thorough wedding planner in the Raleigh, Durham area? I live in Maryland and am trying to plan a wedding in NC where my fiance lives and really need help! I don't know the area very well so need a professional planner that can take our ideas and make them happen. Thanks for any recommendations!

Re: Need recommendations for wedding planner/coordinator

• Despina&SimonDespina&Simon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey! katie dunn with la fete in raleigh... she is our planner and aaaaaaaaaaaaamazing! hope that helps!!
    -Des For honest reviews, recommendations, advice and ideas in the Raleigh, NC area please see my page on weddingwire: http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding/UserViewProfile?wid=3d42c97f664a31e5#.TybcWum41LI.email Xxo, Happy Planning!
  • tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been working with Erin McLean.  She's been great.
  • lizachristianlizachristian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm working with Tracy Adams at Adams and Events.  She's incredible and is used to working with out-of-town brides.  Even better, every vendor we've used has raved about her.  You know someone is good when her colleagues love her too!
  • onlyncsuonlyncsu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Katie Dunn. Grace Beason is also great. 
  • Despina&SimonDespina&Simon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    here is her website: http://www.eventsbylafete.com/ and she was the coordinator for the carolina inn for years before starting her own company.

when i was doing my research (and i am ocd ;)) she was BY FAR the best for the service level and price. and her recommendations save a ton of $. for example i tried to look for catering estimates and was quoted at least $100 a plate for a sit down dinner. she contacted caters and it came down to about $60 for the exact same menu pretty much. within a week, literally, she paid for herself 10x over... not to mention she is there when you need her without fail!

i could go on and on i love her soooo much! if you want any more info or help, PLEASE let me know!!
    -Des For honest reviews, recommendations, advice and ideas in the Raleigh, NC area please see my page on weddingwire: http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding/UserViewProfile?wid=3d42c97f664a31e5#.TybcWum41LI.email Xxo, Happy Planning!
  • ASHNB83ASHNB83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been working with Meredith at French75 and she has been great!

Good luck with the wedding plans!
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't mind me asking about how much do event planners charge? I just recently got engaged and it looks like my fiance and I are going to have to pay for the wedding. We are on a budget, but I just get so overwhelmed with everything.

Just looking for an estimate, to see if it is something we can put in our budget.

Thanks!
  • tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think there's a pretty big spread depending on how much help you want. I spent $2k for "partial planning.". We met & went over everything & I was free to call & get recommendations for vendors & bounce ideas off of Erin. I knew I was too much of a control freak to hand everything off, but closer to the wedding when I was feeling overwhelmed, i regretted that a bit. About 2-3 weeks out from the wedding, we started transitioning everything over to Erin & she set up the timeline. She also handled the rehearsal dinner, which was great because we had about 125 guests for that as well. You always hear something's going to go wrong on your wedding day & the only hiccup we had the whole day was that my mother's table was a place short. That was handled immediately. So, all in all, I think a planner can be very helpful & take a big weight off your shoulders. Just check their website & references to see if their style works with yours. I knew someone whose wedding Erin had done & she was extremely pleased. I sat down with her & thought we'd work well together & we did. Hope this is helpful. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards