Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Romantic Evening Venues - Recommendations Please

Does anyone have suggestions for romantic or european/old-world style venues within 1.5 hours of the Dallas area?

My anticipated wedding date is 7 months away and I would like to have options for a garden or indoor wedding in case of rain and an indoor reception.  Our guest list is 100.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Romantic Evening Venues - Recommendations Please

• crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if it's "old-World" but there is The Piazza in the Village in Colleyville
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, but my inner snark just said, "No.  There are no such venues in Dallas," and I couldn't keep her inside.

OP: Check the vendor sticky.  There was also recently created another website.. I think it's dfwbridalvendors.weebly.com, that has pictures of some of the venues used by Knotties.
    Anniversary

• winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my bridals done at The Aristide in Mansfield and LOVED everything about it, and definitely has that feel. It has both inside and outside space, which was hard for me to find when I was looking for my venue. Whoever built this thing, must have recently been a bride, because they thought of everything. The bridal room is to die for, they have a wonderful transition space for cocktail hour, etc. That said, I imagine it's not a "budget-friendly" venue, but I have no idea on the cost! www.aristideevents.com
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    how far do you want to travel?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was also going to recommend Artside--it is the one that says "old world" to me.  There's also that Bella Donna Chapel in McKinney but you can only get married there I think--no place for a reception.
  • aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Venetian Terrace in Las Colinas. You can even have a getaway on a gondola. They have a terrace area for the outside ceremony and inside banquet space. 

Bella Donna in McKinney is gorgeous. When I visited- the venue rep told me that they just opened the Terrace at Adriatica- it is in a building in the same area but the inside isn't as impressive as the architecture outside. For bella donna- a lot of brides have their reception at the Stonebriar Country Club. 

Also- Delaney Vineyards maybe?
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_romantic-evening-venues-recommendations-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9a91d8f1-f0a3-4207-9d3b-f5c6afd5914aPost:6296a462-509d-4c2e-a040-df6658a095b0">Re: Romantic Evening Venues - Recommendations Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try <strong>Venetian Terrace</strong> <strong>in Las Colinas</strong>. You can even have a getaway on a gondola. They have a terrace area for the outside ceremony and inside banquet space.  Bella Donna in McKinney is gorgeous. When I visited- the venue rep told me that they just opened the Terrace at Adriatica- it is in a building in the same area but the inside isn't as impressive as the architecture outside. For bella donna- a lot of brides have their reception at the Stonebriar Country Club.  Also- Delaney Vineyards maybe?
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

Oooh, that place looks nice.   Good to know there are more options at Adriatica too.  I wish they had a better website!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_romantic-evening-venues-recommendations-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9a91d8f1-f0a3-4207-9d3b-f5c6afd5914aPost:579f5ddc-f1c1-435c-bbd6-837e98445759">Re: Romantic Evening Venues - Recommendations Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romantic Evening Venues - Recommendations Please : Oooh, that place looks nice.  <strong> Good to know there are more options at Adriatica too.  I wish they had a better website!</strong>
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]
    Me too! Their current website just doesn't do it justice.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the great suggestions!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_romantic-evening-venues-recommendations-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9a91d8f1-f0a3-4207-9d3b-f5c6afd5914aPost:6296a462-509d-4c2e-a040-df6658a095b0">Re: Romantic Evening Venues - Recommendations Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Venetian Terrace in Las Colinas. You can even have a getaway on a gondola.
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

Wow, it's a good thing I didn't know about this until after I booked my venue, because I have a serious, serious weakness for gondolas and I'm sure this would have been way outside my budget!

I love that "romance" is key to you - I'm envisioning a super-ultra-romantic wedding right now and getting weak in the knees... :)
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_romantic-evening-venues-recommendations-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9a91d8f1-f0a3-4207-9d3b-f5c6afd5914aPost:1b21c6d8-fdaa-4754-a694-5a4e85ff5b6d">Re: Romantic Evening Venues - Recommendations Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romantic Evening Venues - Recommendations Please : <strong>Wow, it's a good thing I didn't know about this until after I booked my venue, because I have a serious, serious weakness for gondolas</strong> and I'm sure this would have been way outside my budget! I love that "romance" is key to you - I'm envisioning a super-ultra-romantic wedding right now and getting weak in the knees... :)
    Posted by selie22[/QUOTE]
    FI and I looked here when we first got engaged 2 years ago. Their prices really aren't that bad considering they provide tables/chairs/linens/cake. At the time, their meals started at 25$ pp. I would say the venue falls in the moderate price range but certainly not over the top expensive. <div>
    I feel you on the Gondola thing though! So romantic! I just imagine that would be one long getaway ;-) </div>
  • edited December 2011
    It's funny because we were going to do a quick vegas elvis wedding followed by an 80's yacht rock reception, but now that we've decided to do it here I want my dream wedding.  Unfortunately his break for the honeymoon is limited and I was unable to start planning everything until last month, so I'm a bit behind.

Our honeymoon will be our first trip to Europe for the both of us, so I want to bring that element to the wedding.  Plus, I picked my dress first (Lazaro) so the venue has to match. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • winechic25winechic25 member
    edited December 2011
    We went to Europe on our honeymoon as well! If you need any books on London, Great Britan or Scotland I'd be happy to pass along mine to another person who will put them as good of use! And we just went in October, so they should't be to out of date...
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    edited December 2011
    Isn't there a cheatu up in Denton? Sorry if I spelled that wrong. =)
  • I know this is late, but...

I would look into The Wildwood Inn in Denton. One of the most intimate and romantic weddings I have been to was there, and you can rent out the entire inn for you and your guests. The room keys are actually old, iron keys, and they have a fireplace in the main dining room.

Also, Belltower Chapel or Chapelle des Fleurs in Flower Mound might work.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards