Washington-Seattle
Options

*Tygirl*

I posted down below, but wasn't sure if you'd see it or not... Please tell me why you recommend avoiding Brides by Demetrios! I love a dress there. It is a wedding gown, though, so maybe you were recommending avoiding them for BM dresses. Thank you so much for the advice!

Re: *Tygirl*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, sorry, I don't think I popped back on last night until just now and was starting to make my way down the posts. Smile This will probably be a bit long, so I apologize for the length right now. 

My MOH got married 3 years ago and I was her MOH and went with her every time she went to the store to try on dresses, fitting, etc.  The BM dresses for her wedding was also chosen there.  It's one of those salons you hear about that doesn't seem to care about the customer once they get your money.  The manager at that store is a total, rude biatch with a stick up her arse.  She might have been in a dry spell or something, I don't know but someone needed to get her laid/high/whatever.

On our first trip there MOH made an appointment to look at wedding dresses for herself.  We were looking, chose several dresses and while MOH was getting into the dress, we couldn't find the saleslady who was helping us, so I went out front asking for some help.  The manager (found this out after our several trips there) said somewhat rudely "You can't try on dresses without an appointment." to which I quickly replied, just as snappy back, "We do have an appointment.  Help would be nice."

Another time there when MOH was in for a fitting, we (and everyone else who was in the store) overheard the manager yelling at the seamstress.  IMO, that's very unprofessional - if you're going to critique an employee, do so in your office at an appropriate time, yelling at her up front where EVERYONE can hear is disrespectful to the employee and makes the customers uncomfortable.  Oh yeah, and while waiting for our BM dresses to come in, they came in nearly a month after they were supposed to.  MOH kept calling them every week after the date they gave us and on her final call, they said "Oh yeah, it's here.  We've had it for a couple of weeks now."

I recommend checking out the www.yelp.com/biz/brides-by-demetrios-bellevue" target="_blank">Yelp Reviews on the place - probably one of the worst collection of reviews a bridal shop can have.  I strongly recommend looking elsewhere.  I personally had fantastic experiences at I Do Bridal in Seattle (ask for Bridget - she does wonders with body shapes!), Cynderellie's Closet in Edmonds (ask for an appt with Denise, the owner), and All That Shimmers (ask for an appt with Karen, the owner).  I've also heard of a few knotties being pleased with Amanda's Bridal in Redmond.  HTH!
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards