West Virginia

Sticking to a budget.

I am getting married July 9, 2011. It is quickly approaching and I have yet to get much done! I keep trying to find good deals online, but have been unsuccessful.  I'm looking for a reasonably priced floral shop in the Charleston area. Also, I'm drawing a blank for reception decoration ideas.  The colors are - red, orange, yellow, cream. Oh and how could I forget, I'm having a hard time finding invitations that won't break my budget. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

And congratulations to all you future brides :)

Re: Sticking to a budget.

• WVUITGradWVUITGrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Malden Foral - just outside of Charleston and they do an excellent job!
  • amandalea2amandalea2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have you thought of printing invitationsthem yourself. on pre designed invitations they have them at micheals and other places for about $25-$30. also i don't know where you live but theres a place called ollies in parkersburg. they sell overstock things i think. but they had packs of 50 with envelopes for like $ 8 -10.  i thinl it was 2 weeks ago i was there
    i bought some for back up in case i ran out of the ones i had bought before i realized that might not be enough.
  • mrsramseytobemrsramseytobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll have to check on Malden Floral. I actually know where Malden is. I've been up that way a few times for the QVC auction. And yes, I've heard of Ollie's! Friends and family have told me about it, just have never been there. I'll have to make a special trip up there! Thanks for the ideas. If you have any more, please send them my way! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Look through other knotties bios for insperation. the diy board has lots of them, and most things are really on the cheap.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I third Malden Floral. I'm using them for my October wedding. I bought invitations at Michaels. They're the kind you print yourself on your own computer. I got a box of 30 for $29.99, plus they often go on sale and Michael's always offers coupons for 40 percent off. They had orange, red, and yellow in stock when I went last week. HTH!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • cpfwvucpfwvu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm mail-ordering bulk flowers and bouquets from Sam's Club. Even though I live in Charleston, I don't know what the most reasonable florists are.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards