California-Northern

FLowers

Could someone please tell me how much flowers typically cost? I am just starting the planning process and am planning on meeting with a florist. I just want to make sure I'm not being overcharged.

Thanks!

Re: FLowers

• Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    honesty it really varies.  I've seen people who have spent $6000 on flowers.  However, since that's like 80% of my budget....I found an awesome florist who can do 5 bouquets, 10 centerpieces, 9 bouts, 6 corsages for under $600.  It will depend on what type of flower you use too - and if they are in season.

Sorry this wasn't very helpful.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Omgosh Aimee, you have to tell me who your florist is! We were thinking of ordering from Costco or something but all their packages are like 30 bouts and corsages! lol I don't think we need that many since we are having an intimate wedding of 120. =) Plus, our budget is fairly small too, looking over prices I realized we could spend 1500 without even blinking!!
    "All adventurous women do."-GIRLS
  • Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Monique with A Special Day Designs.  She's fabulous.  I just had my meeting with her and she had great ideas and was very flexible with what i want - and being able to add things later, etc etc. 

www.aspecialdaydesigns.com

She also does bulk flowers too - so if there is something you want to DIY you can always do that too.  she quoted me for both her doing it and for me doing it and the difference was very small.  So I'm saving my manicure and letting her take care of it. lol
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    That's perfect!! Yes definitely save your manicure. Setting up flowers on the day of my wedding sounds soo stressful and something that I do not want to do! Thanks so much, I will go research her! =)
    "All adventurous women do."-GIRLS
  • edited December 2011
    I just checked out A Special Day Designs website and I am most definitely going to set up a meeting with her.

Thanks for the tip!
  • msramelmsramel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Bella Blooms. Vicky is our lady and my budget for flowers was $1000. We were able to get my flowers, my bridesmaids flowers (4), flower girl, groom, groomsmen, and sponsors. Since our budget was so small we didn't think we could get flowers for the church or the reception, but we did within out budget. We did keep our bouquets and centerpeices simple, but nonetheless beautiful and classic. I suggest you go in to any florist and tell them your budget what you want. They can work with your budget and help you get the most for your money.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Party Petals of Sacramento. I saw a few other florists, who somewhat ignored my budget and ended up quoting much higher. Brandi was able to keep my flowers at $1000. My centerpieces are pretty plain but I do have a ceremony piece and quite a few bouquets and bouts.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Flowerworks.biz and my flowers were gorgeous at $1000 for everything! I had like 7 BMS too and they all had gorgeous bouquets!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards