Colorado-Denver

Vendor Reviews...Lots of PIP

Hello Ladies!  All the pics (with the exception of the Thank You sign) in this post are from friends and family members from Facebook.  My wedding was October 1st so I don't think I will get the pros back for a while plus photographer is due with her first baby mid November so I told her not to stress about getting to them.

Photographer:  Tammie Thessing= AMAZING!  I have known her for a long time through working with her Husband and i am so glad we used her for our e-photos and wedding.  She use to live in Denver but has moved back to be close to their family with a baby on the way.

Venue: Silverthorne Pavilion: Wonderful venue and Blair was great to work with.  There were a few minor things that happend that we were not happy about but it was minor enough to not even dent the experience.  Every time I had a question Blair answred me quickly and gave me a great deal of help!  I would absolutely have another event here!

Flowers: My Aunt use to be a a florist in Cali so she was able to buy the flowers whole sale in Denver and she and her best friend of 20 years put them together!  They were amazing and so beautiful!  I did very little in the way of picking them but I trust my Aunt and she did better then I ever could have!

DJ:  Alster Entertainment: DJ Was Brad Curry, He did a wonderful job!  It was a great suprise we had our worries in the beginning because he was hard to get a hold of but we gave him all the information about what we wanted, didn't want ect. and he couldn't have been better the day of!!  Took all the requests he could and even pulled songs off guests phones if he didn't have them!  Refused to take tips from our guests and even told the Best Man no to a request because it had language in it that I had asked not be played!  All in all I would reccomend him to anyone as long as you can handle putting together a good list of music ideas and maybe not hearing back right away:

Catering: Gilchrist Catering- Food was wonderfull, apps went so fast I didn't get any!  Cake was amazing and servers we polite and did a nice job all night.  

Bartender: All Seasons Catering: The venue has a liquor license with this company so we had no choice but to use them and they did great!  We only did Beer and Wine on us and any mixed drinks were cash bar.  We had plenty to drink didn't run out, they had water with cups set up for the guests at the end of the bar and kept it full all night for us!  Very polite and nice to the guests all night.  More expensive then I would have liked but like I said we had to use them.

Officient: My Hubby's Great Aunt...SHe made us all cry she was amazing and it was shuch a gift to have her!

Dress: The Altar Denver: Consignement. My dress was new and had come from a closed shop.  They were nice and helpful! I saved $200 going here!  Only needed a Bustle got it done at The Wedding Seamstress, they did great!
Now just some Photos! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Vendor Reviews...Lots of PIP

• edited December 2011
    Sorry for all the misspellings...I hit post instead of spell check and for some reason it wont let me go back and edit...hmmm
  • edited December 2011
    One Last Vendor I left out!!!  
    Hair and Make up:  Jenny Johnson from Blondies in Denver.  She has been cutting and coloring my hair for a few years so I naturally asked her if she would do my hair for the wedding as well as my 2 sisters and my best friend.  She came up and did an amazing job!  She also did my eye makeup and it looked great!  I invited her and her Boyfriend to the wedding so after the ceremony she was there and took out my veil and put flowers in for me!  I am so glad she did it and I wouldn't have changed a thing she did!!  Don't have any good pictures of the hair yet...

• HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! You looked lovely!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    congrats, love all the pics with the fall colors! amazing :D
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the reviews- I'm heading to the wedding seamstress next month and was wondering about it. 
  • ksheeksksheeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! The fall colors worked out fantastic for you and you look lovely and happy! Thanks for sharing.
  • steffenfamsteffenfam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're also thinking of hosting beer/wine and then cash bar for cocktails for my daughter's wedding.  How did that go over with your guests?
  • edited December 2011
    Steffenfam I sent you a PM with a response cause as I typed it kept getting longer and longer...I hope it helps!

Thank you ladies for all your kind words I feel so lucky to have married my best friend! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards