Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

I need help finding a song

I am planning on singing a song to my fiance at our wedding but I cannot find a good one. I am looking for something contemporary. All of the songs I've seen are old and stereo-typical wedding songs. Any suggestions?

Re: I need help finding a song

• Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Nance, I'm considering doing the same thing!  I've sung the song "From This Moment On" by Shania Twain at several weddings, so I might go with that one because it will be nice to finally sing it at MY wedding.

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "From This Moment" by Shania Twain will be our first dance song! I love that song. Singing is not one of my talents, so I'll just be singing it into his ear, LOL.

Most wedding songs are old and stereotypical, so only you would know what song your fiance & you would like.

However, sometimes really old songs are only known by us really old people, LOL. What about "Can't Help Falling In Love with You" by Elvis Presley (from the movie "Blue Hawaii"), it was one of my favorites when I was a youngster.

Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel
    In My Life by the Beatles
    You Bring Me Joy by Anita Baker
    The Best by Tina Turner

Good luck to both of you. I'm envious of your talent.
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_need-finding-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:7da132d6-24be-4f96-b723-ff6e86ed2783Post:2f8e7214-b342-4c17-93ae-6cbfc02f37c9">Re: I need help finding a song</a>:
    [QUOTE]"From This Moment" by Shania Twain will be our first dance song! I love that song. Singing is not one of my talents, so I'll just be singing it into his ear, LOL. Most wedding songs are old and stereotypical, so only you would know what song your fiance & you would like. However, sometimes really old songs are only known by us really old people, LOL. What about "Can't Help Falling In Love with You" by Elvis Presley (from the movie "Blue Hawaii"), it was one of my favorites when I was a youngster. Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel In My Life by the Beatles You Bring Me Joy by Anita Baker The Best by Tina Turner Good luck to both of you. I'm envious of your talent.
    Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]

I agree!!

Try to pick a selection that means something to you & your FI!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • nstraversenstraverse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just posted this one in another posting about first songs but I was going to sing this to my FH as a surprise during the reception but then he went and thought I was looking into it for my walk to him since I had to say something when he heard a friend ask about it he went and had it altered to fit with the length of time we would need for me to walk to him as a surprise.
     This song is Rascal Flatts "Bless the Broken Road". Yes, it is country however, if you do not know the words, here they are.....they are perfect for ANYONE that has ever been in a previous relationship prior to their FH/FW.

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
    Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
    But I got lost a time or two
    Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
    I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
    Chorus -
    Every long lost dream led me to where you are
    Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
    Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
    This much I know is true
    That God blessed the broken road
    That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
    I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
    But you just smile and take my hand
    You've been there you understand
    It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

repeat chorus

Now I'm just rolling home
    Into my lover's arms
    This much I know is true
    That led me straight to you

That led me straight to you.

Hope this helps at least one beautiful bride out there! Good luck and Congratulations!
  • lscottolscotto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no one alicia keys

• RandiLakinRandiLakin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    crazy for you by adele.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards