Snarky Brides

Tell me things.

Tell me what you're reading.  Tell me what's for dinner.  Tell me what you're doing this weekend.  Tell me I'm pretty.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Tell me things.

• I have to tell you J - ygpm
    panther
  • I'm currently reading my students' short stories. I'm so tired of grading. I JUST WANT TO WATCH TV.

I bought Cassandra Clare's new book, Clockwork Prince, but it's been so long since I read the first, Clockwork Angel, that I need to reread that one first before I start the new one.

I bought the movie Just in Time with Tiberlake and the Red Riding Hood girl. I hope it doesn't suck.

And, you're pretty.
  • H is currently ripping up part of the carpet in the basement, because Levi won't stop pissing on it.  I'm secretly not so upset, because I freaking hate the carpet down there.  Hopefully this is just one step closer to redoing the floors. I want fake hardwood down there.

Also. TMI. I am so fucking bloated that it hurts. Like PAINFULLY bloated. There are all sorts of gas meds on the 'safe' life, but I'm still scared to take any.  And, I'm done now, because I don't want to be that girl that only talks about being pregnant.
  • MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I am...

Pondering a Soup at Hand for dinner, or maybe a panini with roasted red peppers and boursin cheese because I am alarmingly ambivalent about preparing something for myself;

Trying to work up the drive to start working on my psych assignment that's due Monday;

Trying to listen to people complain about things on TV and work on my use of reflection.

ETA: Oh. And you're pretty, too. :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I just finished Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. It was good. I now want to watch the movie. I also want to catch The Help since they are playing it again.

I have no idea what is for dinner. I did have Cesar salad for lunch and now I am eating hot fries.

I am almost caught of with GG. I need last weeks episode and this pass Monday's. I am going to try and catch up so I can see the new one on Monday.

• You are pretty.

I just found out my older, loser brother who I do not speak too, got his gf pregnant for the third time, this time they are actually keeping it. My family is trying to tell me that I have to be in his life and make up with him because he is having a baby. I invited him to my wedding 4 months ago, he RSVP'd yes then didn't show up after my mom paid for a hotel for him and his gas money. Oh and he didn't even call.

So I have to try again because he got his gf knocked up, um. No. They will just use me as someone else to drop their kid off at to take care of since they don't even take care of their dogs. Their one dog has had a leg injury for almost 6 months and they still haven't taken it to the vet...oh did I mention my brother also has TWO DUI's. yeah, thats father material right there
    /end rant
  • I'm leaving work in 2.2.

I was horribly unproductive today, mainly because my manager wasn't here. I feel guilty about this.

I feel like I'm being a PW today.

I will probably eat a Milky way for dinner, unfortunately. I just ordered some $1.99 book off Kindle written by a Seinfeld writer. It's ok.

J, you're pretty.

That's my things.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Also, I really want grilled cheese (with ketchup, thankyouverymuch), but we only have icky American slices.  I want real cheddar. or provolone. or even swiss. Anything but plastic cheese. 
  • Grilled cheese and ketchup?!? Why have I never done this?!?

Oh my goodness, do I love cheese, and ketchup. And bread.

• Im watching Mad Men.  I signed up for Netflix this week and Im liking this show so far.  Im halfway through season 2.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • My parents are passing through town for dinner tonight and they always do this - they text at the last minute to tell us they're here.  Then they say, "Where should we eat?"  FFS.  We are here all the time and we can eat anywhere anytime we want.  YOU pick a place?  And then they go "Oh well we don't care."  So we pick a place, and then my mom bitches about the place the entire time we're there.

So I'm gonna have an irritating evening.  Yay me!
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:fa0fac44-eae6-4aad-a1ca-e5b445b34930">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am... Pondering a Soup at Hand for dinner, <strong>or maybe a panini with roasted red peppers and boursin cheese</strong> because I am alarmingly ambivalent about preparing something for myself; Trying to work up the drive to start working on my psych assignment that's due Monday; Trying to listen to people complain about things on TV and work on my use of reflection. ETA: Oh. And you're pretty, too. :D
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]

I'm changing my dinner plans- not that Boursin and Laughing Cow are the same, but I'm gonna eat like 3 of those little cheese wedges on crackers for dinner. I love spready cheese.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:016255d3-d7f5-4665-b925-b04b05b8607d">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're pretty. I'm ready for the weekend. I'm going to be a video game nerd tonight and try out the new Zelda game. FI got it for me for Christmas and it's still unopened. Aaand I have to go to Babies'R'Us after work to pick up a gift for the shower I'm not attending tomorrow. What's the best thing to get? Diapers and a cutesy thing? I'm not good at babies.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Is there no registry?

AATB, YGPM back!

• Grilled cheese and ketchup is the best.  Damn it, now I want grilled cheese.  I need to find some GF bread that I can stomach.

I'm laughing at how many of you are feeding into my ego.  I was just kidding about telling me I'm pretty, but thank you all anyways :)

Alynne, your dog looks so pathetic.  "PLEASEEEEEE help meee!"

Sesh, what are those books about?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:b0389557-fb4e-4dd2-b9a2-a7243a500ff0">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im watching Mad Men.  I signed up for Netflix this week and Im liking this show so far.  Im halfway through season 2.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

I am two episodes from the finishing season 4. I watched the first three and Netflix and then I had to buy the 4th since at the time Netflix didn't have it. I really liked it and started watching because Nebb kept saying how good it was.

I know your H is a huge Pats fan. Is he going to the Superbowl?
  • Replied J, thanks!
    panther
  • Oh, speaking of registries, I just looked at the registry for H's best friend's wife.  They're having a baby, and the shower is coming up.  I was planning on getting a custom baby t-shirt made for the little guy-- a miniature version of H's friend's band t-shirt.  But now the registry says no clothes :( I am sad.

• I need to train for the Warrior Dash but I don't know how. Anyone have any advice on how I can get better upper body strength?  I also am shopping for my warrior costume.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:6d08c261-e547-4e31-b4d2-fb10303bf666">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, I really want grilled cheese (with ketchup, thankyouverymuch), but we only have icky American slices.  I want real cheddar. or provolone. or even swiss. Anything but plastic cheese. 
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    Have you tried grilled cheese with maple syrup?
  • When am I supposed to do a baby registry??? My mom is already bugging me about it, but it's obviously WAY too early. 
  • Oh, I suppose I can answer my own questions.

Dinner is sweet barbacoa pork and burrito fixings.

I'm reading 1-2-3 Magic! and a developmental repair manual.  Yawn.  Next on the list is Transforming the Difficult Child.  What I WANT to be reading is The Resistance and Under the Never Sky.

This weekend I'm working my volunteer job both days, and probably grocery shopping during the Superbowl. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:0cff5e1e-9d79-4104-b933-5d4c68ce15af">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me things. : I am two episodes from the finishing season 4. I watched the first three and Netflix and then I had to buy the 4th since at the time Netflix didn't have it. I really liked it and started watching because Nebb kept saying how good it was. I know your H is a huge Pats fan. <strong><u>Is he going to the Superbowl?
    </u></strong>Posted by DodgersBride[/QUOTE]

He wishes.  All the season ticket holders go into a lottery.  They didnt win :(  So they tried to find some tickets for sale, but they were just ridiculous amounts of money.  Also, with H's job and his friends job who has the tickets with him (he is a sheriff) its hard to just all of a sudden get time off.

They did win the lottery 10 years ago when the superbowl was in NOLA, but H couldnt go because of work.  He was so bummed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This woman's shower I'm going to is in 2 weeks, and she's due in late March.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:6322ee07-4194-4d34-ada2-191796588f18">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me things. : Have you tried grilled cheese with maple syrup?
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

<div>whaaaa? no! Is it delicious?? What kind of cheese??</div><div>
    </div><div>OH! And grilled cheese is saved. I found a block of sharp cheddar in the fridge :)</div>
  • Lol Steph.  Your mom kinda cracks me up...

I wouldn't really look into doing a baby registry until people started offering baby showers?  But I guess it couldn't hurt to just start one, either. 
    panther
  • Stef- your shower should be about 6 weeks before you are due (just like your wedding).  So I would register a few months before that at least, even if you just start it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:405666ee-a0b9-4522-8804-a4f896e8448a">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me things. : whaaaa? no! Is it delicious?? What kind of cheese?? OH! And grilled cheese is saved. I found a block of sharp cheddar in the fridge :)
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    Any, but sharp chedder is the best. It's the sweet/salty combo. I just dip it in the syrup.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:8e709f7f-9ee8-4a35-96fa-21ff45f642e4">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me things. : He wishes.  All the season ticket holders go into a lottery.  They didnt win :(  So they tried to find some tickets for sale, but they were just <strong>ridiculous amounts of money</strong>.  Also, with H's job and his friends job who has the tickets with him (he is a sheriff) its hard to just all of a sudden get time off. They did win the lottery 10 years ago when the superbowl was in NOLA, but H couldnt go because of work.  He was so bummed.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

A client of one our sales reps pretty much called them when they found out who was playing and said "oh I want Superbowl tickets" I don't know what ended up happening but the sales person was considering it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:5508384d-a97a-41c2-9dbb-c30853a7360a">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to train for the Warrior Dash but I don't know how. Anyone have any advice on how I can get better upper body strength?  I also am shopping for my warrior costume.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

They have suggested training plans on the site.  I think it includes strength work.

• J, they are a prelude series following The Mortal Instruments series (YA books). Honestly, it's easier to just look them up because they are hard to explain. The gist of The Mortal Instruments series is that they focus on a teenage girl, Clary, who learns she is a descendant of an ancient race called Shadowhunters, who hunt and kill demons and other 'dark' creatures. The 3 books are aout her various adventures as they battle a Shadowhunter gone evil. And her love triangle between her best friend and the dude she really loves.

So, the Clockwork books go back in time to tell how a couple of the families in the MI series come to be. I can't even remember what the first one was about other than I think it took place in London (the others are in NY). I really need to read it again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards