Michigan-Grand Rapids

Rehearsal Dinner in Grand Rapids, MI

We need to find a location for a rehearsal dinner in Grand Rapids, MI. Downtown is preferred but not a must. We are expecting to have around 35 people and do not want to pay more than $1000 total. Does not have to be fancy, we just need suggestions. Any help is appreciated!!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Grand Rapids, MI

• edited December 2011
    We need to find a location for a rehearsal dinner in Grand Rapids, MI. Downtown is preferred but not a must. We are expecting to have around 35 people and do not want to pay more than $1000 total. Does not have to be fancy, we just need suggestions. Any help is appreciated!!
  • edited December 2011
    Try posting this on the 'Michigan-Grand Rapids' board. You'll find it in under 'Local Wedding Boards" in blue column on the left.

<<<<<<<<-----------------------------------------Follow the arrows

• edited December 2011
    We had ours at Mangiamo. We had less than 20 people so we were allowed to just have it in one of the main dining rooms. A larger party would required using a private room and a minimum bill...I think of $700, which I think you would hit that amount anyway. Heidi Beyer is the catering manager. She was great to work with, and their food is amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    There are a handful of restaurants in downtown GR that have private dining areas, I'm just not familiar with any of their food minimums. Luckily your rehersal dinner is probaby on a Friday night and most of the restaurants (at least the ones I looked into have my reception at) have a lower minimum on a Friday. I would look into Bistro Bella Vita, San Chez, or the BOB. Mangiamo sounds great too, I'm trying to convince my fiance to do ours there but for some reason he thinks its a 'pizza place'. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours at Mangiamo too. It was a great experience. We had 18 people and we were in the Blue Room upstairs. I agree Heidi Beyer is very easy to work with. hbeyer@gilmorec.com

Lindsey - tell your FI that Mangiamo isn't a pizza place AT ALL. Has he been there? They do serve pizza but they have many other Italian dishes. In fact, I was told we couldn't serve pizza for our RD because they don't have the capacity to make so many pizzas at the same time.

Another idea is McFadden's. They have two separate upstairs areas. I bet their prices are good.
  • barbara1312barbara1312 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out J Gardella's Tavern.  First DD had her rehearsal dinner there, and it was very good, and very reasonably priced.  They have an upper room with its own bar and restrooms.  The service was great!  We had about 35 people and it was way under $1000.00.  It is right downtown close to the VanAndel Arena.

I've  been to Mangiamo for lunch, and we took a look at their private rooms, and they looked great too.  The food is delicious too.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I had my reception and rehersal dinner at McFadden's downtown.  They have a room on the 2nd floor that I believe has a small usage fee, and there was no minimum food/liquor. The food is reasonably priced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards