African American Weddings
Options

Please help me!!! a little long

Yesterday I went to my wedding closet to grab a DIY project  to do! I started looking in the box label STD's, and there not in the box. I tore the closet down and replaced everything. This morning I went back to my wedding closet to check the closet on a clear mind. I went through everything, I went back slowly to see if i missed it. There not in there!!!!

I went to FI yesterday evening when I first realized they weren't in the box or the closet. He said they have to be in there! i told him i know, I dont move them!

I hate to point fingers but I think his mother and younger sister has taken my stuff. The sister was the last guest over the house and the closet is in the guest room, where she slept.

I don't know how to approach FI, this is his family and I know sometimes it can be hurtful if a person tells you about your family especially when you know how they feel about your mate.

Please help me!  TIA

Anniversary
161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1

Re: Please help me!!! a little long

• Options
    winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess the only thing you can do is approach him about the issue.  Tell him you didn't move it, he didn't move it, and his sister was the last person in the room.  Let him know you're not trying to accuse his sister but you can't think of what else could have happened to the STD's.

My question is why would she have taken them??
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • Options
    MrsJJohnson2BMrsJJohnson2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    winter443,
    his mother is upset we are geting married, misery loves company!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG that's terrible!

I agree with Winter, The safest way to handle this is to tell him what happened and then let him draw his own conclusions about his family.

If it were me (& I don't condone this), but I'd tell him exactly who I thought did it & why... LOL, but FI & I are VERY honest with each other... I told him his mother drove me up the wall just the other day :0) 

P.S. Don't let it get you down girl!!!
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you amberlynned, we are honest but he is so embrassed by her actions, and I feel bad. I feel like I'm rubbing it in this family
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MrsJ2b, I am so sorry about this. Winter gave you pretty good advice
  • Options
    KooKoo4QuincyKooKoo4Quincy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree being honest hurts but at least you know what you're getting into upfront. I can totally see myself in this situation because my FI mother doesn't like me either because she can't intimidate me! I say whatever-One monkey don't stop no show!!
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Man, I hate to hear that about your FMIL and FSIL.  I agree with the pp.  The best approach is to be honest and up front.  Perhaps this can open the door to discussions about other issues you're going through with his family (although you've probably already discussed it). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am sorry you're having to deal with this.  I would try to search other possible spots to ensure they wasn't moved just to drive you crazy.  I am sure by them being over there this weekend they knew you were preparing to mail the out.  I am the type that would speak oddly about things just to check their reaction and it stinks I will let them know.  Sorry that's the best recommendation I can give, but try to stay positive and hopefully they will come up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Ladies all is well Laughing
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards