New Hampshire
Options

BM Drama (Vent)

So my first drama of my wedding planning, and I thought I was drama free  *sigh*

One of my BMs (who is my FSIL) is mad at me because I am making her get up in the morning to get ready.  I don't think it is unreasonable to have all my girls together at my house at 8:00 so the hair dresser and make-up artist can do their magical work on 5 BMs 2 FG 2 Moms and the Bride for a 1:00pm wedding.  She is asking to come later in the day so "she can sleep"  I mean REALLY.  How about... go to bed early hmmm??

I didn't think I was being unreasonable to have everyone together at 8:00.  For some reason her being mad at ME seems very selfish and it makes me so frustrated!  Gahhh!!.  I have known this girl for 10 years and I don't think I have ever asked her for anything like this.  I am asking for one day for her to get up "early", seriously is that too much to ask?!?

Thanks for reading / listening to my rant
~*Emily*~
Wedding Bio

Anniversary

Re: BM Drama (Vent)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Emily, You are not being unreasonable at all.  8:00 is very generous.  My girls have to be at my house at 6:00 am for an 11:00 wedding.  She should be thankful that it is 8 not 6.  It's one day she can sleep in the next day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not unreasonable, 8 am is sleeping in for some (says the girl who was up at 7 on a Sunday). If she won't budge at all, can she be scheduled as one of the last to get ready? Maybe that will allow her to get an extra hour of beauty sleep.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you are unreasonable at all!
    When my friend married and we all met early on the morning of the wedding to go off to the salon it was a bit on the early side, but since our hair and makeup was being done, we basically all rolled out of bed and into the limo.  Breakfast was provided at the salon and truly this was one of my favorite parts of the day!
    I would not have been late or missed a bit of it for the world!
    I cannot think of the words to properly explain how we all felt the hours prior to the ceremony... just sisterhood, maybe.
    I hope your future sister in law doesn't miss out!  And I hope this is the first and last of the drama for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too thought I would be immune to BM drama so I totally know the feeling. I agree with the other girls - 8am is NOT unreasonable. I will say, however, if letting her show up at 9 it would still be feasible for her to get ready on time - I would just let her come then. I say this because if there is even a slight chance that she shows up at 8 and has to wait an hour for her turn, it will cause unnecessary drama on YOUR big day. Weddings can be a bit stressful for all involved. I am certain you have not been a bridezilla but maybe she is feeling a little spread thin. Jealous maybe? Is she married? Take solace in knowing that you are not asking too much but you might have to give in a little.

GL - not a fun situation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are not being unreasonable just like everyone else has already said. 

Allowing her to come a little later but still have enough time to get ready may be the best way to deal with this and not cause further issues. 

You only have 2 weeks! :)
    Hopefully no one else causes any drama. I hope she comes around and isn't angry at you anymore. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with all the ladies.  You're not being unreasonable, but maybe 9am would be a  compromise that you can all live with.  I hope it all works out!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree you are NOT being unresonable.  My girls have to start getting ready at 9am for a 4pm ceremony so you're being really resonable in my opinion.  I guess the only compromise is put her later in the list of people to get ready but that is really unfair.  You know that there will be some scarfices for one day when you sign up to be a BM.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards