North Carolina-Outer Banks

NC beach wedding

My fiancee and I are dreaming of a beach wedding somewhere in the eastern U.S., in August 2011.  We aren't partial to any specific location, although some people have told us to consider Outer Banks, NC.  The issue is, we don't just want to randomly set up folding chairs ourselves on a public beach; we want event coordinators to set up an arch, aisle runner, music, etc.  Can anyone suggest a beach/venue where we could do this?  Thank you!!

Re: NC beach wedding

• jam679jam679 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are also planning a 2011 wedding and have decided to do it on the Outer Banks.  In case you aren't familiar with area the beaches are...  the 4x4 beaches, corolla, duck, southern shores, kitty  hawk, kill devil hills, nags head, rodanthe, waves, salvo, avon, buxton, frisco, hatteras, and ocracoke island

The Outer Banks Wedding Association -  http://www.outerbanksweddingassoc.org/ - has a long list of wedding planners that could help.  They also have a long list of venues, some of which may provide the services you are looking for without needing to hire a coordinator.  I would check with the town you'd like to have the wedding in to see if there are any restrictions as far as what kind of things can be used during the wedding (e.g, tents, arches)

And here's some info from the national park service if you were interested in doing it there - http://www.nps.gov/caha/planyourvisit/wedding-sites.htm

hope this is helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You can not set up any chairs south of Nags Head, because of the National Park rules.I would not recommend  Kill Devil Hills or Nags Head beaches, they are really crowded during the season, but You can set up folding chairs and all. Try Duck or Corolla. Wink
  • edited December 2011
    Look at BeachBallEvents.com, I am getting married through them in October 2010 and they are GREAT!!
  • edited December 2011
    I would look into sanderling resort depending on what your budget is. They are more pricey but they will take care of everything and are located on the beach. I did a spa morning  there with all the girls in my family and they were fabulous to work with.

I was married on 09/09/09 on the beach in Kill devil Hills without any problems of other beach goers in my way and we were able to set up our own chairs ect.

All comes down to budget... Good Luck
  • kerinjkerinj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, 

I've worked with Shell Island Oceanfront Resort, only thing is they are in Wrightsville Beach, NC which may be a little far for you.  It is an absolutely stunning resort and the coordinator there is named Jeanne Buoa. She is absolutely wonderful.  They will assist you in EVERYTHING. They have wonderfully priced package deals that include florist, caterer, DJ, and all that stuff. I'm still thinking about using that facility I'm just not too sure of how my fall wedding would work out by the beach... Hope it could help! 
    Live to Laugh and Love Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out www.oakislandncweddings.com They are pretty reasonable. It is on Oak Island, NC..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards