New Hampshire

First stop.. Atkinson CC-has anyone been to a wedding there?

Hi ladies! My fiance & I toured the Atkinson CC on Friday & we thought it was beautiful-- have any of you been to a wedding there, & if so, what were your thoughts as far as food, presentation, etc?? Thank you!!

Re: First stop.. Atkinson CC-has anyone been to a wedding there?

• FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding there a few year ago and thought everything was really nice. The food was great and the presentation was beautiful.
  • TroyandKellyTroyandKelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was in a wedding there a year and a half ago.  It was BEAUTIFUL!  The staff was super helpful, the food was delicious and the scenery was great.

• knwithamknwitham member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to a wedding there, but my wedding will be there in May 2011. Just thought I would let you know from a planning perspective, they have been great to work with. Nicolette in sales always gets back to me with answers shortly after I email her, and I have been very happy! Let me know if you have any other questions!
  • jrich7686jrich7686 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! We met with Nicolette & she seemed really nice. What ballroom are you going with?
  • knwithamknwitham member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The farview room, how about you? It was a tough choice because I loved the staircase and fountain that Brookside had, but I liked the layout and outdoor patio that farview had more.
  • TroyandKellyTroyandKelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know Nicolette from High School - she is a very nice person.  I forgot that she worked in sales there until I saw her name.  The only thing that my friend (who had her wedding there) was the fact that she dealt with Nicolette for all of the initial stuff, but then got passed along to a wedding coordinator and she felt like she had to repeat everything to that person and she was already comfortable with Nicolette.
  • MissMauraJMissMauraJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to one a while back and thought it was nice, don't remember the food ebing bad, but don't remember what we had either.
  • edited December 2011
    I just went to a wedding there last night!

It was gorgeous, they got married outside at the trellis and they had the reception in the room right off of the patio. Very simple decor but still beautiful!

They had  a buffet.....turkey, roast, salad, pasta with marinara/alfredo sauce, veggies and potatoes...it was all really good!

Then they had a dessert display with mini desserts (they werent that great, some were kinda dry) and they had their cake on that table plated for guests to take (a lot of people didn't realize it though and didn't take cake)

BabyFruit Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much girls, so so helpful!

knwitham, we loved the Brookside room so we'd probably go with that.. not having our ceremony there because we're getting married in a Catholic church but i definitely would if we werent, it's so gorgeous!

Glad to hear the food is good- we'll probably do a sit-down vs. a buffet.. and obviously a cake.. no mini-dessert table for us though... candy bar all the way!!
  • edited December 2011
    Went to a sunday day (early) wedding a couple years ago for my old best friend.. reception outside was small but beautiful with water in the background... dunno what name of the hall they were in was, pretty simple was facing wherer the reception was? room was nice but because it was a day wedding i think they had less help,, italian wedding soup wasnt great and they had surf n turf which was cold by the time it got to us... and it wasnt a lot of people... But other than that it was beautiful! GOOD LUCk!!!
    ....Happy ever after.... http://romanowedding.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to two weddings there. A summer and a winter wedding. Both times I thought the food was amazing. We've eaten in their restaurant a few times (FI plays golf there) and I think the wedding food was as good as the restaurant food despite thee large numbers. I think we had filet and chicken (small piece of each) and I remember it being really pretty good.

I just waked over to the desk of my colleague (she was the winter bride) and she said there wasn't a single thing she would change, she said they were great to work with and the pricing was pretty good (esp compared to Boston). She also said her pictures came out awesome with the gazebo and the golf course in the background.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thanks so much everyone!! You girls are amazing!!
  • auntykarebearauntykarebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is scheduled to be held there in June of next year. They have been a pleasure to work with and I've heard nothing but good things!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards