New York-New York City

Does City Hall close Early?

Does anyone know if the Office of the Clerk closes early ever?

I've been trying to call the NY City hall for like 3 weeks now! 

My fiance & I are planning to have our civil ceremony there on Friday April 22nd.  Which turns out to be Good Friday! We didn't really realize that right away-since neither of us are religous.  I didn't even realize Easter was so late this year!  We've already told everyone about this date-my sister booked her flights to come fly to NY to see us get married.

I just want to make sure the offices aren't closing early that day.  We're asking everyone to get here by 2:30-wanted a later time so that we can have the ceremony; take some pictures around the city; and then go for dinner (without having to eat dinner at 4pm).

There is no information on the website except the legal holidays that the office is closed.  I'm assuming then that they don't do early closures since they need to be accesible for people that needs documents/services (i hope).

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Does City Hall close Early?

• springflrspringflr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Friday is a religious holiday.  NYC offices are open that day.  The website does in fact contain their hours and open/closed days.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_city-hall-close-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:5ebae502-40de-49c3-8d2d-aa889ada67c4Post:802214ad-8ec3-4d1f-b0d1-db4a25afa73d">Re: Does City Hall close Early?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Friday is a religious holiday.  NYC offices are open that day.  The website does in fact contain their hours and open/closed days.
    Posted by springflr@aol.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! I've checked the site 100 times to find any information on closing Early.

I know my work office might close early that day; wasn't sure about goverment/official offices.  Especailly since the site has all their business hours & days off for the next 3 years. 
  • edited December 2011
    My experience with City Agencies is either they are open or closed.  Also, have you called 311?  They might be able to help you. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_city-hall-close-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:114Discussion:5ebae502-40de-49c3-8d2d-aa889ada67c4Post:6d0a919b-bfda-4122-82d5-ea7eaf684298">Re: Does City Hall close Early?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My experience with City Agencies is either they are open or closed.  Also, have you called 311?  They might be able to help you. 
    Posted by Goldlie11[/QUOTE]
    Thanks! I'm coming up with the same conculsion.  Especially since people need forms/documents every day.  I would imagine like you said they're either closed or open no early closing or anything in between.

I did try 311 and they didn't know the answer! They transferred me to the office of the clerk which of course just rang and rang.

I've tried calling everyday to get a hold of someone!

We have to go next month for our license.  When we're there in person i'll double check that they don't close early. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards