South Carolina-Charleston

DO NOT BOOK YOUR REHEARSAL DINNER AT HIGH COTTON

Ladies-

I am putting out a warning to you to not consider High Cotton Restaurant for your wedding rehearsal dinner. We booked the private room for our rehearsal dinner months ago for our October 2011 wedding and I just received a call that they had given the room to another party without even asking or giving us a reason. This is by far completely unacceptable business practices. STAY AWAY. 

Re: DO NOT BOOK YOUR REHEARSAL DINNER AT HIGH COTTON

• edited December 2011

Sorry this happened to you. Did you have a contract?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • rymahlerrymahler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This same thing happened to us at High Cotton. Were told the room was available during our inital meeting and that it would be held for us. When we mailed in the contract a few weeks later they said the room had mistakenly already been booked for that night and was entered into the computer inocrrectly. They seemed apologetic and gave us a further explanation when we asked but it still has been a frustrating experience
  • Mieke7882Mieke7882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes we had a contract that was dated 10/18/2010. And they still did this to us. I am livid!!! 

Rymahler- I am so sorry this happened to you too. Are you still planning on having your dinner there? 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_not-book-rehearsal-dinner-high-cotton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:cd64e247-8c04-4903-995c-f3f1c730d549Post:11f6e8dd-6675-438c-ae9c-8f06f5780131">Re: DO NOT BOOK YOUR REHEARSAL DINNER AT HIGH COTTON</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes we had a contract that was dated 10/18/2010. And they still did this to us. I am livid!!!  Rymahler- I am so sorry this happened to you too. Are you still planning on having your dinner there? 
    Posted by Mieke7882[/QUOTE]

Well this just seems like common practice for them. First if you have no money put down, at least you dont have to deal with that.But if you do, I'd be scouring my contract to see what recourse I can take.

How long do you have to find another RD site?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a deposit. I am sure we will get it back since they are the ones breaking contract. Good thing the wedding isn't until October. I am sure we will find somewhere better to hold the rehearsal anyway :) 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_not-book-rehearsal-dinner-high-cotton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:cd64e247-8c04-4903-995c-f3f1c730d549Post:f017df91-7825-491c-9a79-a90d26a4621b">Re: DO NOT BOOK YOUR REHEARSAL DINNER AT HIGH COTTON</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had a deposit. I am sure we will get it back since they are the ones breaking contract. Good thing the wedding isn't until October. I am sure we will find somewhere better to hold the rehearsal anyway :) 
    Posted by Mieke7882[/QUOTE]

Well Good Luck and let us know if you need anything else.
  • edited December 2011
    We were considering them and wound up going to Cypress. Based on this, I'm glad we passed. Sorry to hear this! :( Good luck finding a new RD venue!
    tiffandshel.tumblr.com
    www.tiffandshel.com/wedding

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I also considered High Cotton and am glad I did not choose them. Let us know if you need any other rec's or let us know who you decide. I am still in the process of choosing where I am going to do mine.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well everything worked out fine for us. We are still not having our RD at HIgh Cotton and we did get our full deposit back. We looked at the Mills House Hotel for a RD sight upstairs on the 2nd floor. But when we found out their contract said they could move us to another room at any time we nixed that place. We aren't going through that again. So my FMIL just booked Cypress. I am very cool with that. I love that place! Laughing
  • rymahlerrymahler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mieke7882 - We are having our dinner somewhere else. A lot was already booked up but we are happy we found Mercatos. Cyress should be great!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards