Florida-West Coast
Options

If it's not one thing, it's something else...

I am not usually a negative person, but this is getting ridiculous. I have never had to deal with such poor service from a number of vendors and retailers--I don't understand why.

So, I e-mailed my photographer Tampa Photo, to schedule a time to meet and go over the details of the day, including must-take photos. Well, I get a reply e-mail stating that my package does not include an in-person consultation, so this will not be possible. Also, they would prefer that my "wedding planner" contact them with the time schedule and any other details. I am so upset I don't know what to do. So I replied to that e-mail saying that if I knew the service would be this impersonal, I would have never booked with them. How do you not qualify to meet with the photographer in person?! I have never heard of this.

Please someone tell me that I'm overreacting, and that this is the norm. I don't know what to do.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If it's not one thing, it's something else...

• Options
    edited December 2011

You are not over reacting at all.  What do they think?  Yes you have a planner but you are paying her so you are intitled to know what she is doing and to be a part of the communication process.  That is crazy that they would even think to say something like that to you!

I am made just at the thought!  WTF!!!

On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    corstinkcorstink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That seems pretty unreasonable on their part! What if you hadn't hired a planner? They don't speak to you? I agree with Julie; WTF?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They think you are supposed to hire someone without having the opporunity to talk to them to discuss the details. That's crazy! Can you at least get an over the phone consultation?
  • Options
    ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree... if they didn't want to do an in-person consult, at least offer to schedule a conference call. It's called great service... (Don't they know brides rate EVERY service on one website or another?)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Completely ridiculous!  I would at least see if they would talk to you about your questions and concerns over the phone.  My photographer has been my most interactive vendor.  I don't know what I would have done without her input and suggestions!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope you haven't put down any money or at least too much.  That is absolutely ridiculous that they won't meet with you.  How can they possibly get a good feel for who you are as a couple and what your wedding needs are?  Ugh!  I'm sorry you are going through this.  I know it stinks to be doing this so close to your wedding but can you look into alternates?  I still think you need to talk to your photographer personally and let them know your concerns but if they aren't willing to accommodate then you need to take your business elsewhere.  GL!
  • Options
    lproutenlprouten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You better keep us updated when you hear back from them!!! 

You have EVERY reason to be upset . When we interviewed photographers, I was definitely picky. You want to know you have that connection with someone who is capturing the most important day of your life.

Good Luck, sorry you have to deal with this so close to you wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls for all your support and advice. My wonderful FI handled the situation, and we are meeting with the photog next week. He let him know that this is unacceptable, and scheduled a day next week for us to meet and go over the details in person. Whew, I feel much better. Thanks again.

**Ring update. They found another ring like the one I initially ordered, but they will have to cut the diamonds to the same size as the last ones. So, it will be ready in 2 weeks. I will post pics when it's done!

Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lproutenlprouten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea for your FI !!!!

Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad your FI was able to straighten things out and your ring delima is getting fixed as well
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards