Kentucky-Louisville

Looking for a venue! HELP!

Hey girls! I am trying to plan a wedding while fiance and I are in two different cities and neitherI of us is in louisville! I absolutely fell in love with the brown hotel but we don't have that kind of unlimited budget! Any suggestions for cheaper ball rooms or grand spaces for our reception? I am starting to think I will never find a space I like as much!

Re: Looking for a venue! HELP!

• Leecass18Leecass18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do not know the price point for the Brown Hotel as I did not look there - however I am getting married at the Henry Clay - they have a couple different ballrooms with different price points and the rooms are GORGEOUS!  Also, you may want to look at the Gillespie or the Glassworks Museum.  Hope you find someplace.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Mellwood Arts and Entertainment. Event Room 3 is very spacious.
    http://mellwoodartcenter.com/event-spaces.html
    http://mellwoodartcenter.com/event-spaces.html
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Perhaps look into a country club?  I'm getting married at Owl Creek in Anchorage (right outside of Louisville) and it has a ballroom.  You probably have to know a member for 99% of the country clubs here and knowing a member/being one can make the venue free!
  • faeriechyldfaeriechyld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved the Mellwood Arts and Entertainment Center.  The main reason I turned it down was because their ceremony space was kind of lack luster, but the event rooms were stunning!
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Frazier International Museum also has really nice event rooms. You can get married on the roof overlooking the river as well. There are some pics on the website that have really neat setups for the 4th floor room.

http://www.fraziermuseum.org/venue_fourth.asp

• kdmoellekdmoelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    glassworks
  • kysnowbirdkysnowbird member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Lizrah, we chose Glassworks for October of next year, simply because we wanted a place downtown and they were very affordable. The Muhammad Ali Center has some really wonderful reception spaces too.

Another place that looked nice is the Oxmoor Country Club. They have a beautiful ballroom area, and they ran a special in July where if you booked with them by July 31, they waived the room rental fee. I know that date has passed, but they may run more specials like that?
    Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second the Gillespie. It very much has a historic grand space feel if that's what your going for. Mellwood, even in event space 3, is rather industrial, as well as glassworks, and while those are awesome venues, they feel nothing like the Brown. When the Gilespie first opened, I believe they allowed you to choose from a list of caterers so that you could find one that fit your price point.
  • edited December 2011

My SIL went to a wedding last week at Bowman Field in an airplane carrier that was converted into a reception site.  She said it was awesome.  I don't know anything other than that about it though!!

• besaw.2besaw.2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was in the SAME situation. I had my heart set on the Galt House but they have an EXTREMELY high food/beverage minimum. I searched and searched and think I have decided to go w/ the Stark Building. It's really nice and fairly inexpensive. It's beautiful and you can have your own caterer. It's $1200 to rent out the space for 8 hours and you only need $100 to book your date. I had my hear set on a hotel but they are all very expensive and the Stark building is right on fourth street so there are plenty of nearby hotels/attractions. Hope this helps!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards