Moms and Maids

Help!! 1BM and MOH I hate!!

I am totally fed up with one of my BM and MOH. It's a totally long ongoing story and I just dont want to be friends with them anymore. I think they are totally selfish and from what theyve done I dont want to be associated with them anymore. I think its wrong to kick people out of a wedding but I dont know what to do. Any advice?

Re: Help!! 1BM and MOH I hate!!

• lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_1bm-moh-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:aee19587-5244-4315-b757-7cca0a31e12fPost:0eb3880f-974a-4e7e-9764-3f48923bd2b8">Help!! 1BM and MOH I hate!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am totally fed up with one of my BM and MOH. It's a totally long ongoing story and I just dont want to be friends with them anymore. I think they are totally selfish and from what theyve done I dont want to be associated with them anymore. I think its wrong to kick people out of a wedding but I dont know what to do. Any advice?
    Posted by ampierson[/QUOTE]
    Tell them you don't want to be friends with them anymore.  Once you end the friendship, they'll understand that they're out of the WP.  And then leave your WP as it stands - don't replace them.  It'll just indicate to the replacements that they're...well, replacements.  And no one wants to play that role.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • edited December 2011
    What have they done to make you change your feelings about your friends?  Is it wedding related?  Have they failed to help you with planning etc?
  • edited December 2011
    End the friendship for non-wedding related reasons.  They'll get the idea.  If attire has already been purchased, pay back the cost of attire
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_1bm-moh-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:aee19587-5244-4315-b757-7cca0a31e12fPost:0eb3880f-974a-4e7e-9764-3f48923bd2b8">Help!! 1BM and MOH I hate!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am totally fed up with one of my BM and MOH. It's a totally long ongoing story and I just dont want to be friends with them anymore.<strong> I think they are totally selfish and from what theyve done I dont want to be associated with them anymore.</strong> I think its wrong to kick people out of a wedding but I dont know what to do. Any advice?
    Posted by ampierson[/QUOTE]

Is this wedding related? 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're ready to end the friendship, the WP aspect of it will take care of itself.  

Hopefully this isn't a wedding-related offense, like not going with you to the bridal show or something like that (honestly, some people do fire their WPs over that).
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree just tell them you don't want to be friends with them anymore and they should get the hit. But you should also pay back if any of their attire was purchesd. you can say hey here is what you paid for your attire if you like i can take the attire off your hands (and try to re sale it on craigslist or something)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Agree with PPs.  Without at least a little background I am not sure if kicking them out is a great idea.  All I can say is that hopefully, it's not for wedding-related reasons.

If it is, remember that all a WP member has to do is obtain the required attire, show up to the ceremony, and smile for pictures.  If it's not wedding-related, then it's a friend problem.  End the friendship if you really don't want to be friends with these people, and the rest will resolve itself. 

Even if it's not wedding-related, if you simply kick them out of the wedding party, then it will appear wedding-related, and you will look bad for doing it.  So it's better to focus on the friendship.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm really curious to know what they did. The severity of the offense would depend on the level of punishment doled out. Couldn't really give you an opinion without knowing.
    November Siggy Challenge: Favorite On Screen Couple
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards