Michigan-Detroit

Boys grrr... Im venting, you have been warned.

I'm getting very po'd at my FI little comments about my side of the guest list. SO WHAT! if my family is a big family, I can't help it. Right now our guest list sits at 141. And some of those guest are OOT guest that arn't likely to show. So we might get at most 130. Now thats mostly family with just a few friends. I don't think thats unreasonable and I don't think we need to cut it any more. And I don't think he realizes just how much help has been offered from the very people on that list. 

We've both gone through and cut people, the only people I left on where family and good friends, long time friends. I'm done cutting people, and if I have to listen to one more joke or comment about our guest and how many people are in my family it's gonna get ugly. It's not my fault my family has been through divorce and marriage more times then I care to think, or that there seem to be more kids then actual adults. Get over it, I have. And I like my family that way it is.

I know it will all work out in the end, and it dosen't need to a huge deal. So im going to try not to worry or stress about it, but i had to get this out before I went crazy.

Im done the end. Tomorrows a new day and i'll deal with it then.

image165 Invited
image9 are ready to party
image0 Aren't coming
image156 Can't find their mail box
RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
I will face heartache
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
Planning Bio/ Blog

Re: Boys grrr... Im venting, you have been warned.

• GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you're frustrated. We had to cut a lot of people out on my side because we had to stay within a certain number for the reception (125).

All of DH's family is from OOT, and one of his uncles told us that we needed to have our wedding before a certain time in October. Otherwise he wasn't going to be able to make it. I found out shortly after the invitations went out, that said Uncle was considering not coming. We changed our wedding date a few times, because our original date was unavailable and his Uncle said it needed to be closer into September. Thankfully, my MIL put the pressure onto my FIL to talk to his brother. DH's Uncle meant well, I know now, because he's a very busy person. It may seem like it at the time that everyone is trying to gang up on you, but it may not be the case.

Take a deep breathe. The guest list was one of the hardest things for me, too.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • edited December 2011
    Awwww! So sorry!  I have no advice to offer!  This will pass though!
  • bee&beebee&bee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm freaking out about our guest list off the top of our heads our count is at least 200-220 YIKES!!!  I don't want a huge wedding but I know my FI family is big and the numbers can easlily climb.  I'm hopeing and praying that the final numbers are closer to 175-180 max!  We shall see :/

~B
  • zantsterzantster member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Whew!  I was worried that my guest list of 75-125 would seem small and inconsequential to people who are used to attending larger weddings.  But after reading the PPs counts I can see that I am not that far off from a lot of the rest of you, which makes me feel a lot better.  Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    If the people are important to you, important enough to invite, then please do not cut them. It will work out in the end, it always does. Best of luck! xo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards