Wedding Etiquette Forum

Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)

Deleted because OOT when carazay

Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)

• Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    So what are you saying?  What's strange or off?  Are you saying it's a transexual?  That's all I can assume since you didn't actually say it.  If you have no problem with her being gay then you should have no problem with her marrying a girl that likes to dress/act/be a boy. 

And yea, you shouldn't post this under your screenname b/c as much as you act as if you don't judge, you are totally judging.  If you weren't you'd have no question about wether to attend or not. 
  • Honestly, this is too cryptic for me to have any idea what I would do, because I have no idea what the situation is.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm confused by your use of quotation marks for "guy."

But well, if you're morally opposed, don't go.  I don't think you can do it without hurting your cousin, however.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Who or what is she marrying? I can't give a fair answer to this question without knowing. I will say if she's marrying another consenting adult and they aren't hurting anybody or themselves with their relationship, you should probably take your judgy pants off and try to live and let live. If she's involved with someone or something other than a consenting adult, I would likely have a different answer.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • What's illegal about it? I'm confused. I also didn't take "guy" to mean anything because she also used quotes for met, which didn't seem appropriate.
  • If the event went against my religious and moral values, then I wouldn't go. That really would be the only reason. If it really, truly does, then don't go. How sure are you that these rumors you're hearding about the event are true? It could be like the game of telephone and things are getting blown out of proportion by the time they get to you.
  • The AE is Joey
  • So maybe if you want opinions then you should say what it is?  Is she marrying an animal?  A child?  What?  Those are about the only two that I'd be morally opposed to to the ninth degree.  But if you can't offer up anymore clarity on the situation I'm sorry I can't answer your concerns.
  • So is she marrying someone that is only allowed to marry b/c his parents signed off on it?  I mean just say it.  You're on an AE.  I don't get hiding what's going on under an AE.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_strange-and-cryptic-question-sorry-for-the-ae?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eff5f159-869b-4f34-bfc6-543b887aa44aPost:63940bf6-c917-4bc2-a71a-054e31254214">Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE) : No, not a transexual. I don't think you would call me judgemental if you knew that it is far from legal what she's doing.  
    Posted by StrangeAEdilema[/QUOTE]

<div>This is too cryptic, what are they doing that's illegal?</div><div>
    </div><div>Are they both adults at least?</div>
    Anniversary
  • This can't be real.  If she's marrying a fuucking horse.  DUH don't go to the wedding and call the effing cops. 
  • monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2012
    If you don't tell us what is going on at all, we can't give you any advice.

All I can say is that if it really violated your conscience to go, then don't go.  But be prepared to upset this cousin and deal with the strife that may ensue.

Of course, if it's something really crazy, like she's marrying a 12 year old or something, then you should be more worried about getting help for your cousin (and the boy)*.

*ETA (or the animal!)

SaveSave
  • This is the dumbest dilemma I've ever heard of.  There should be no question and if she won't seek professional help then the authorities need to be brought in.  PERIOD
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

She's marrying an animal?

We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re:Strange and cryptic question sorry for the AE:In Response to Re:Strange and cryptic question sorry for the AE:Who or what is she marrying? I can't give a fair answer to this question without knowing. I will say if she's marrying another consenting adult and they aren't hurting anybody or themselves with their relationship, you should probably take your judgy pants off and try to live and let live. If she's involved with someone or something other than a consenting adult, I would likely have a different answer.Posted by StephBeanWed61502She will be the only one capable of consenting to the marriage. Posted by StrangeAEdilema But is what she's doing actually hurting anyone/anything? I mean, if she's "marrying" a table or a sex doll or something, that, to me, goes in the "weird, but so be it" category. If she's "marrying" a minor child, an adult who is for some reason incapable of giving consent, or some other being that is alive but unable to consent, then my vote is for reporting her to the appropriate authorities for abuse of the person or creature, since "marriage," to me, implies that there is a physical component to the relationship that would be abusive if the other participant is incapable of consent. ETA: Too slow, missed that it's a dog. Report her to animal control. What she's doing is abusive.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • heb557heb557 member
    I think you need to call the local psyc ward.
  • Is this real life?

SaveSave
  • I would stop worrying about the "wedding" and worry about your cousins mental health.  Speak with the sister, speak with the parents, speak iwht the cousin.  Stage an intervention, she needs help, this is a clear cry for help.  It is not ok and it's animal abuse on top of that.  Please help your cousin, who cares if she hates you, would you rather she be in jail where word gets out what she does?  Just sayin

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_strange-and-cryptic-question-sorry-for-the-ae?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eff5f159-869b-4f34-bfc6-543b887aa44aPost:c83fcecd-1ff9-449a-92d3-8d1b2642d815">Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE) : Her sister seems to be OK with it suprisingly. My family seems pretty disturbed by it but I haven't really heard anyone say they wouldn't attend. <strong>They're all kind of like let her live how she wants.</strong>
    Posted by StrangeAEdilema[/QUOTE]
    What the actual motherfuck?

If this is real, then your cousin needs to get some psychological help.  And the dog needs to be adopted into another home ASAP.  This is just weird and wrong. 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• heb557heb557 member
    edited July 2012
    OMG the poor fVcking dog. What the fvck is wrong with people. We have one that maces dogs, and now someone wants to marry one?

I'm begging you please, please, please call animal services and save this poor animal. And your cousin seriously needs mental help. In no way, shape, or form is this sane. It's disgusting that someone would ever think of a poor innocent creature in the fashion.

And this better not be Steffi making up sh*t to get the freakin heat off her.
  • LeguLegu member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Well. That brought me out of lurkerdom. Your cousin is engaged... To a dog??? Who the hell is even gonna perform the ceremony?? And... Traditional wedding night?? O.o
    So, maybe things don't always go as planned... Maybe that's okay. I may be alone for now, but my baby boy is on his way, and I wouldn't change a thing.
  • I wish I had a mirror right now because I'm sure my face says it all.

Ok, that is just about the weirdest "marriage" I've ever heard of. I would not attending this so-called wedding and I would probably send her some links for mental health associations.

WTF.

Anniversary
  • Maybe if you want to know what your state would do, call animal control anonymously and ask for advice.  Clarify that you know it's wrong but you just want your cousin to get help, not get in trouble but it needs to stop.  We'll wait.............. 
  • This can't be real. 

• edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_strange-and-cryptic-question-sorry-for-the-ae?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eff5f159-869b-4f34-bfc6-543b887aa44aPost:d3364a57-e473-4496-a8b4-996a6cd128fb">Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe if you want to know what your state would do, call animal control anonymously and ask for advice.  Clarify that you know it's wrong but you just want your cousin to get help, not get in trouble but it needs to stop.  We'll wait.............. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

that is a good idea. Thanks
  • In Response to Re:Strange and cryptic question sorry for the AE:[QUOTE]OMG the poor fVcking dog. What the fvck is wrong with people. We have one that maces dogs, and now someone wants to marry one? I'm begging you please, please, please call animal services and save this poor animal. And your cousin serioisly needs mental help. In no way, shape, or form is this sane. It's disgusting that someone would ever think of a poor innocent creature in the fashion.And this better not be Steffi making up sht to get the freakin heat off her. Posted by heb557[/QUOTE]

If this were Steffi she'd just bear mace the cousin and the dog an be done with it.

And OP, if you call the authorities, they will investigate your cousin and likely, assuming they can substantiate the allegations, remove the dog from her care. Whether she gets charged with a crime would depend on the laws of your state regarding bestiality and animal care.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_strange-and-cryptic-question-sorry-for-the-ae?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eff5f159-869b-4f34-bfc6-543b887aa44aPost:ba33f685-9d09-4382-908b-de38051cf221">Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE) : As opposed to if you don't report her and she goes on getting worse and worse with her mental illness untreated and abusing innocent animals?  Seriously.  Report her.  No one here can predict how a prosecutor will proceed or what will happen to her, but she will definitely get help even if she does jail time (which I'm doubting) and you'll be protecting her and other animals from her.  <strong>This is seriously a no-brainer and the fact that you need internet strangers to tell you that is really sad, honestly.</strong>
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]
    Ditto this.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• This is ridiculous.

But on the off chance that it's not made up?  OP, all animal welfare/control.  JFC.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards