Michigan-Detroit
Options

Guest List Question

So my guest is at about 175 but FI and I really want to stay at 150. Do you guys think I should just sent the invites to all 175 knowing that some people may decline to attend?

TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Guest List Question

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is the maximum that your venue will hold and what is the maximum that you can afford?  Those numbers should dictate the amount that you invite.
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats 25 people over what you want. What would you do if they did come? Personally I wouldnt if I knew I could only afford 150. There is a chance they will all come.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know that's my dilemma. The venue can hold up to 250 and the max we would pay for is 160 so I guess we're just going to have to cut 15 people. Thanks ladies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you can only afford 160 I would invite 160.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I invited over 200, only 129 are coming. We could really only afford 150-160
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Although it's highly unlikely that all invited guests will attend, we are planning as if they are. Better to be safe...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you can only afford 160, only invite 160... yes, it's rare that you'll receive 100% but it's definitely not impossible. Plus, if 160 guests is your max than you will probably end up saving money if and when people do decline. (Or, as some brides suggest, you can put that money elsewhere - like an upgrade)
  • Options
    Prncessgurl22Prncessgurl22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In my case, we invited about 210 people and are expecting more like 165-170 to be present. We know that everyone is not going to be able to come due to circumstances.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker The Prncessgurl
  • Options
    lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    If your venue can fit the extra people.... have you considered that you will get money as wedding gifts? Personally, I wouldn't worry about the extra 15 people, instead of agonizing over who to cut.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards