Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Been awhile... but SOOOO many checks!! And some reviews!

I haven;t posted on here for-EVER!  I been so busy at my high pressure sales job and every spare minute I get I try to either relax or do something wedding related!

FI and I decided at the last minute to drive to Vegas for our long 4th of july weekend.  THANK GOD I did!  I won some $ and called Harmony to see if we could do my trial early.  She accepted and I was pretty disappointed.  She was rushed, and did a half-a job.  I am super picky about my make-up (I do my make-up very well on my own and always get a lot of compliments). YES LADIES, SHE DOES USE AN AIRBRUSH GUN- THOSE RUMORS OF HER NOT HAVING A GUN ARE NOT TRUE! The airbrush makeup was spotty and I had major orange lines that I saw when I stepped out in the sun.  Lines weren't clean and I wasn;t happy.  I pondered between canceling her or keeping her.  I am know I am picky so I wondered if I would be happy with anyone.  I ended up going with my gut and canceled her and booked glamsquad.  3x expensive, but I feel better.  Harmony was super sweet though and I am sure she would have been willing to work with me, I just didn't want to have to go through that.

Were doing a red carpet at PH and we stopped in the chapel again to see Erin and we are stoked!  We have been working with the catering manager to get everything ready! She referred me to Angela who is with LTEventions for the centerocies (red roses with balck and whit plume feathers on candelabras with dripping crystals!).  We also hired Angela for a day of coordinator.  The ballroom is going to look great!

I bought red shoes with rhinestones on them for the cermony and some bling-y white flip flops for the reception.  We are also going to make a flip flop basket for guests with black and red flip flops w=for when their feet get tired.

I pick up my second dress (yes, I got 2!) tomorrow and will be taking it to alterations to add straps and more bling!

Got our unity sand photo frame from Forever Frame (awesome!!!) and will be ordering our red carpet mint tins for favors and cameras with bling on them for the tables. 

Got our rings!!

Sent out the invitations a few weeks ago (and got major compliments that they were the best invites ever!).  We had them custom made from a local place in Phx- she was amazing!  Red carpet theme with inserts for the vegas map of the strip, our favorite things to do, and the hotel information with other website links for discounts.  We are also working with her on designing our seating stuff.  She is going to make a giant poster board to display on an easel outside the ballroom with the guests names in alphabetical order and table numbers.  Then have the table number signs on each table.

Decided to ditch the idea of welcome baskets for guests- TOO MUCH HASSLE!

DJ (All Night Long), Photographer (Bentley & Wilson), Ceremony (PH chapel), Reception (PH ballroom), Fit for a Bride for dress steaming, pet sitter to check up on our cats, invites, attire, centerpeices, decor, uplighting, food, bar, red carpet event with papparizzi, rings, hair and makeup, bridesmaid gift, CHECK CHECK CHECK!!

I am just BUGGED that of the 60 invites we sent out 3 weeks ago, only 3 responded.  A ton of people have called to say how excited they were but haven;t given us the actual RSVP card back.  I hired a friend to be my RSVP cop- she will call 3 days before RSVP's are due to remind people.  I really don't care if thats not proper eticate because the last thing i want to do is be stressed about head count, since I am paying a ton of money oer head.

Still gotta get my jewelry, "groomsgift" (its a same-sex ceremony), and I think thats it!  What else am I missing?

THANKS TO ALL YOU LOVELY LADIES WHO HAVE POSTED REVIEWS AND TIPS TO HELP ME COORDINATE WHAT I HOPE TO BE THE BEST POARTY OF MY LIFE!

Re: Been awhile... but SOOOO many checks!! And some reviews!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! You got a lot done! Did you do all this past weekend or were you listing everything  you've done since you posted last? Either way, great checks, congrats!

Sorry to hear things didn't work out with Harmony... but doesn't Glamsquad use airbrush, too? Have you looked at Francesca Lombardo? She does not use airbrush and I haven't heard anything negative about her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on all the checks! I remembered that you were having the red carpet ceremony .... a lady did that last year and it was pretty awesome! Sorry to hear about Harmony, better that you found out now than on the wedding day.  Glamsquad is great, I think you'll be please with them.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    empeguesempegues member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome checks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great job!! That is a lot to have done! I bet it feels good to be on top of everything- you're getting close to the big day!
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Wow, youve been busy!!! Awesome checks.  You will really like All Night Long, my guests are still talking about how good a job he (Jeremy?) did.  I love the paparazzi theme, super cool and fits perfect with Planet Hollywood.  Don't get down about the lack of RSVP's people are slackers and don't realize that responding is important, many will likely do it last minute or you are going to have to track them down.

Happy Planning!!!!
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, great checks! 
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_awhile-but-soooo-many-checks-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:049e446e-0ebd-4324-aac7-3cc2d77a5a26Post:6b71a661-ae59-4968-8e58-72469255a757">Re: Been awhile... but SOOOO many checks!! And some reviews!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, youve been busy!!! Awesome checks.  You will really like All Night Long, my guests are still talking about how good a job he (Jeremy?) did.  I love the paparazzi theme, super cool and fits perfect with Planet Hollywood.  Don't get down about the lack of RSVP's people are slackers and don't realize that responding is important, many will likely do it last minute or you are going to have to track them down. Happy Planning!!!!
    Posted by wallacje[/QUOTE]

Jeremy's one of the owners; sounds like you got a free upgrade! :-)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_awhile-but-soooo-many-checks-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:049e446e-0ebd-4324-aac7-3cc2d77a5a26Post:c3900195-a533-44a0-a14f-117dcc8a7efb">Re: Been awhile... but SOOOO many checks!! And some reviews!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Been awhile... but SOOOO many checks!! <strong>And some reviews! : Jeremy's one of the owners; sounds like you got a free upgrade! :-)
    </strong>Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

I was going to say I thought I saw where they charge more for the owners to dj. Yay for Wallacje!
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards