Iowa-Des Moines

CUTE YAY!!! So excited!!! What do you think about as bridesmaid gift?

I've become a GOMER about "keepsake" stuff for this wedding!!!!  I ordered hand painted wine glasses / beer mugs for our head table!  She got a picture of my dress, my FI's TUX, and the GM's/BM's dresses/tux and is going to paint them onto the glasses for us! 

What do you think about using these as our gifts?  I know as a general rule, giving jewelry that you want them to wear for your wedding is a no-no.  I just know guys get mugs/flasks all the time.  So, I wasn't sure how this would play?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: CUTE YAY!!! So excited!!! What do you think about as bridesmaid gift?

• sdose13sdose13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very cute! Jewelry is a no-no? I guess I'll change my gameplan then. I was also going to give them something that isn't wedding-related. My BP has helped me so much, I want them to have something to use AFTER the day.
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    edited December 2011
    Well when I was looking for ideas for bridesmaids gifts I was reading that you shouldn't do that.  HOWEVER I also know that TONS of girls do.  Some people said they loved the jewelry they got, but most said they've never worn it again.  So, I think that if you think the girls will wear it again then it's ok.  But the "fancier" jewelry you can't just wear everyday ya know?
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    edited December 2011
    They look awesome! I love the dresses on the glasses!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • milesbellamilesbella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the glasses!

I've also read that jewlery is a no-no but only if that's all you get them.  If you get them something else as well, then it should be fine.  The basis of that argument is that it's not really a gift if you're requiring them to wear it for your wedding.  It's more for you than it is for them.
  • lucy2113lucy2113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love them!! They are soo cute!
    Holiday
    edited December 2011
    Do you think these are ok for BM gifts or should I get something else since they will be used at the wedding at the head table?
  • ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cute gifts!  I had never heard not to give people jewelry.  Every wedding that I've ever been in, I've received jewelry as a gift....so that's what I did.  haha  I definitely think it's wearable for every day, so hopefully they will get some additional use out of it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Yeah as long as they can wear it again I think it's ok.  I, for one, LOVE necklaces!  I wear them all the time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards