North Carolina-Outer Banks

Welcome New Knotties!!

I have seen a lot of new posters on the board recently and I wanted to extend a big welcome to all of you!  If there is absolutely anything you need along the way, please feel free to ask away!  We are more than happy to help in any way that we can :)

If you would like to share any info with us about how you and FI met, why you decided on an OBX wedding, your dates, venue, etc., please feel free to do so.

Welcome and congrats :)

Re: Welcome New Knotties!!

• lbb135lbb135 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I've only been engaged for a month & this board has already been extremely helpful! It's so nice to have other brides (and groom!) out there to share experiences & hear things first hand. Thanks for all of your help so far - I'm sure I will have many, many, many more questions & posts before the big day! :) I look forward to hearing more about all of your experiences & see photos from your weddings!
  • abardoabardo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My FI and I have been engaged since right before Christmas and instantly knew we wanted a beach wedding.  Since we are from PA we began thinking of beaches that are awesome and within driving distance for our families.  We narrowed our search down on the OBX, and I am beyond excited.  We are getting married September 21, 2013 at the Hilton Pier House. 
    I am a super organized person so I have a lot of my vendors already booked.  We are using Matt Lusk for photography, DJ bruce for entertainment, Betsy Haas as our officiant and I currently am talking with florists. 

This board has helped me SIGNIFICANTLY with my planning from PA and I can't thank you all enough!  I would love suggestions regarding florists if anyone has recommendations.  I have recently read the comments regarding Maggi at Harris Teeter and it makes me very nervous.  I have contacted Shirley from Sugar Snap Events and Gail from The Embellishers thus far.  I would love any and all recommendations.

Thanks so much!
  • Welcome Abardo! Central Pa groom to be here too, live in Mechanicsburg, right outside of Harrisburg. We have about two months to go, September 7th. We are getting married at The Sanderling Inn in Duck and are using Matt Lusk, Rev. Jay, and Shirley and Sugar Snaps. Great Cakes is doing our cake too. All vendors have been AWESOME to work and communication is great! Let us know if you need anything else!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Phillyboy - I am originally from Camp Hill! I just got sad and now I miss Central PA.

But I'm excited to keep up with everyone here on the boards as I start finalizing all of the details for our October wedding in Hatteras!
    .:Courtney:. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ha Ha Cwest!!!  Very nice!  :-)  Did you got to Trinity or Camp Hill??? Sometimes we want to leave the area and start anew.  Maybe someday.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am totally hijaking this thread!

Camp Hill, class of 2003. My parents still live there and I am actually applying for some jobs in the Chambersburg area so I am crossing my fingers FI & I will be able to move to PA after the wedding.

And thanks for everyone who recommended Great Cakes. I am going to do some research today...do they have any flavors they're famous for or that you guys just adored?
    .:Courtney:. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Key Lime Bliss at Great Cakes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with KSJ, Key Lime Bliss is AWESOME!  That's the one i'm using in my wedding and FI and I just loves it at our tasting last September!  Not overpowering, so if you like Key Lime Pie, YUUUUUMMMM!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards