September 2012 Weddings

Bridesmaid Necklaces

Hi All,

I need some opinions and assistance from you ladies :)  For each of my bridesmaids, I want to buy them a necklace for them to wear at my wedding.  I'm willing to spend around $40-50 on each neckace.  I love Swarovski, but their prices are a little too out of my range... I found a Lia Sophia necklace I really like and her prices are very affordable.  I have a necklace from her and it hold up great.  Should I get this or keep looking?  I did a few cute ones in Macys but I never heard of some of these brands before.. Any suggestions are welcome!

http://sites.liasophia.com/sites/corporate/productcatalog?page=productdetail&sku=103237201&showCrumbs=true
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid Necklaces

• I've seen necklaces like that other places for far less money.  IMO, Lia Sophia is overpriced for what you get.  You've got time, I would keep looking.

Is this their gift?
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • I wouldn't focus so much on $ and look more for something that would be special to them or something you can totally see them wearing again. The necklace you posted is pretty, but to me, it's not "outstanding" and I wouldn't spend that $ on it. I'm always frugal tho, so I always look for the best bang for my buck.
    I know I always plug Etsy, but seriously, they have the most beautiful and unique jewelry and can be customized to your liking - and VERY good prices.

invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm a big Macy's fan and I have Lia Sophia earrings that FI's aunt got me for Christmas. That being said, do you have a Charming Charlie around you? That place is amazing and has all kinds of random things and all sorts of colors. I'd probably keep looking because you have time.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_bridesmaid-necklaces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:72ca0aab-b142-4dca-b5c6-885f51c252d5Post:1396cf56-630a-4f6b-8ead-498f345ef53e">Re: Bridesmaid Necklaces</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a big Macy's fan and I have Lia Sophia earrings that FI's aunt got me for Christmas. That being said, do you have a Charming Charlie around you? That place is amazing and has all kinds of random things and all sorts of colors. I'd probably keep looking because you have time.
    Posted by futuregabriel[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG charmin charlies is the best. I could spend hours in there.</div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • I have a very similar necklace from Macy's and it has held well, it cost at least half of that Lia Sophia one.  I would keep looking.   A lot of the jewelry at department stores is made by well known companies with a different brand put on it.  If you are getting each girl the same jewelry and requiring them to wear it, that is not a gift IMO.  Not sure if this is what you are doing but just my two cents.
  • In Response to Re:Bridesmaid Necklaces:[QUOTE]I wouldn't focus so much on and look more for something that would be special to them or something you can totally see them wearing again. The necklace you posted is pretty, but to me, it's not "outstanding" and I wouldn't spend that on it. I'm always frugal tho, so I always look for the best bang for my buck.I know I always plug Etsy, but seriously, they have the most beautiful and unique jewelry and can be customized to your liking and VERY good prices. Posted by mamameech[/QUOTE]

I checked out etsy and found a lot of nice things on there that I like! I could get earrings and a necklace for the girls for the price of the lia sophia.. I'm definitely going to shop around.. Thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards