Wisconsin

wedding dress questions/ideas

couple of question for all you ladies:

1. Has anyone ever bought an used dress from the internet?If so what website? what did you think?

2. For those of you who have attended Amelishan Shop, are the prices reasonable?

3. I want to get a gorgeous mermaid dress however, I have a tight budget and dont' want to spend more than 1500 ( less if possible, way less) to get a dress.. its only for 5 hours!

Thanks ladies!

Re: wedding dress questions/ideas

• I purchased my mermaid dress from White House Black Market online (unfortunately, they no longer carry a bridal line). It is absolutely amazing.

J Crew and Ann Taylor also have some great options online for $1500 and under.

I would suggest if you want beading, lace or any unique detal to buy from a bridal shop.
    Also definitely go try on dresses in person if you have any type of figure other than straight-up-and-down.

I'm a "plain jane" type and just so happen to be sample size (no alterations) so it worked out in my favor to buy online.
  • I found my simple mermaid dress by looking at bridesmaid dresses only.  Not only are these much cheaper, they weigh much less and I didn't think I could handle a heavy wedding dress.  Most come in white or ivory.  Then, I ordered online through netbride.com for an even more discounted price.  My dress was under $125 with shipping!  My favorite bridal shop for browsing in person was Savvy Bride in Brookfield.
  • OMG you can totally do a beautiful dress under 1500.
    I am wearing the Maggie Sottero Adorae, it was $1100. The majority of what I tried on, mermaid was 800-1100
    Savvy Bride is AMAZING - they price match and Eva's down in Oakcreek. Not a fan of Amelishan
  • There were a lot of mermaids in your price range at Bliss in Brookfield. They have a great staff and were one of my favs to shop. I have a post somewhere on this wall where I reviewed places. It's called "Gigi of Mequon alterations" or something along those lines. I also recommend Kay in Wauwatosa for your price range. Also amazing service!
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes :)
    June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Thank you ladies! I am definitely going to try Savy! I've heard great things
  • Kay Bridal was awesome! Linda was my consultant is she was just fabulous!  If you are looking to stay within a reasonable price range, try the Eden line at Kay's, they are about $600-$1,000. 
  • I went to Amelishan and bought my dress there. All of their dresses are under $1500 for sure! I got a beautiful satin ball gown for about $800. I think the most expensive one I tried on was 1100 and thats because it had alot of crystal details. So the answer to your question is yes, Amelishan is very reasonable. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards