Louisiana-Baton Rouge

FEATHERY FLOWERS

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO MAKES BOUQUETS USING JUST FEATHERS OR FEATHERS/FLOWERS?

ALSO WHERE ARE SOME PLACES TO HAVE A SMALL PRIVATE CEREMONY BUT NOT EXPENSIVE, I WANT IT TO BE SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN LAPLACE AND NEW ORLEANS OR HARAHAN?

I WANNA HAVE A PRIVATE CEREMONY AND A BIG RECEPTION AFTERWARDS, DO I HAVE TO HAVE THE RECEPTION ON THE SAME DAY AS THE CEREMONY?

Re: FEATHERY FLOWERS

• edited December 2011
    I can't really help you with the feather/flower bouquet but as far as having the ceremony and reception on different days...I think it's completely fine and a great idea! The ceremony is an intimate moment anyways. You can party it up with you friends and the rest of the family at the big reception!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Having a seperate reception can be interpreted as gift-grabby. Some guests may wonder why they weren't important enough to be invited to your ceremony, but you still want them to come to the reception and bring you a present.

The reception is your way of thanking your guests for attending your ceremony. That's the way it's intended, anyway. I've read this on different boards (especially on the Etiquette forum here). So, you might want to really think about it and do some research to make sure you're not giving the wrong impression.
    Anniversary
  • lulacat504lulacat504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

WELL ITS NOT IMPORTANT TO ME IF I RECIEVE ANY GIFTS, I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO COME AND CELEBRATE MY UNION.  SHOULD I REALLY CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK?  IM PAYING FOR 75% OF MY WEDDING SO MY CEREMONY BEING SIMPLE  AND PRIVATE WILL DEDICATE MORE MONEY TO MY RECEPTION...I AM NO GIFT GABBY

• edited December 2011
    I am just letting you know what other people have said. You should just care what your guests think, and I don't know them to tell you what that would be.
    Anniversary
  • maxgyrl00maxgyrl00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think one day is better, your guests will have to dedicate 2 separate weekends (for the ones you are inviting both times)  to one wedding.  As a guest I would think that you are asking alot, its often that I have to choose an event because 2 events are occuring at the same time and to have to face this possibly twice for one wedding would be crazy. 

Just find a picture of the bouquet you'd like and show that to your florist or better yet buy the feathers from Hobby Lobby or online and make it yourself or have someone who you know is creative make it for you. 

There is a place called LACE in laplace that was reasonable and allowed for smaller weddings, when I called there was no minimum you had to spend like other places and you could have the wedding and reception there.  I also believe the Kenner City Pavillion is reasonable...don't know the cost of it though.  Best Western St. Christopher Hotel in New Orleans has a small room that rents for $500 and you can choose your own caterer that I considered but your guests would be left paying for parking. 

• edited December 2011
    http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_query=feather+bouquets&search_type=handmade&ref=auto

Etsy has lots of handmade unique items usually at great prices. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards