African American Weddings

Wedding gift for FI???

What are you planning on getting your FI for his wedding gift?

Re: Wedding gift for FI???

• edited December 2011

boudoir pictures and I am not sure what else.

My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • milana1023milana1023 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boudoir pics, cuff links with his mom's pic in them (she passed a few yrs ago) and a watch (maybe) 
  • edited December 2011
    I bought him some cufflinks and had his name engraved on them....He'll wonder why he has no buttons on his shirt when he gets dressed the day of....LOL
  • edited December 2011

The Russell Simmons Collection bracelet to match the chain I bought him for fathers day! I might get the nerve to take some Boudoir pics...LOL

• ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm giving him a baby, don't know what I can do to top that!
  • edited December 2011
    His groomscake in the shape of his favorite band's mascot. It's gonna be ugly as hell, but he'll love it! I'm also writing him a nice love letter to read the day of.
  • lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm doing something that I saw a while ago on my local board. I'm giving FI 3 different things. The first bag will have a note that says "To keep your feet warm in case they're cold" and in that bag will be a pair of socks (I doubt he'll even wear them, but whatever). The second bag will have a note that says "To calm your nerves in case you're a bit nervous" and that bag will have a flask filled with his favorite rum. The last bag will have a note that says "To get you to the church on time in case you think you'll run a little late" and there'll be a watch for him to wear.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    Lovely idea lca315girl !!!! I may have to borrow that in a year and a half! LOL!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Umm...me!  But no...seriously, we're supposed to give them a gift???  Well, I think it's a nice gesture and love your ideas ladies, but I'm broke.  I really like the idea to write a nice note (not just because it's free)...it seems so sweet and personal.  I may think of something inexpensive that signifies our relationship or first date or something. 
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok!  I got it !  A book of poetry by The Last Poets and the musical score for La Boheme.  We went to see the opera and Last Poets on a date (separate occassions).  Those were two of our favorite dates.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm planning to get him a watch. I think we are planning to open our gifts on Sunday morning (following the Sat. wedding). But I do like the idea of sending him 3 separate gifts. 3 is his favorite # so he'll get an extra special kick out of that!
  • edited December 2011
    derek and tiffi do not give your man a watch that is bad luck...
    When you give someone a watch it  means you are running out of time with that person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards