African American Weddings

Whose Name First?

ok, I've seen this done both ways. I was always taught that the groom's name goes first on everything, but these days everything has the bride first. Which is proper etiquette or does it not matter?

Re: Whose Name First?

• From what i noticed bride name is first
  • The bride's name goes first. Especially if it is monogram related. In that case, the groom should never be separated from his last name.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah, premarriage, the bride goes first. Postmarriage, the groom goes first.
  • What the previous posters said... a planner told me ( or maybe someone here on this board said it)

The wedding tends to be the Bride's big day, she plans for it and executes all the details so her names goes first on everything wedding related. Until the thank you cards go out.

Thank you cards symbolize the wedding is over and now you are two are officially married!, and his name comes first!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Gabriel and LaTasha sounded better so that's what we went with on everything except for the invites...those read LaTasha & Gabriel. I know what it's "supposed' to be but I didn't like it. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • man i didnt even think about this i just always put Brandon and Kiasha on everything just cause i though it sounded better and hes super adament about it
    image 99 Made the cut image 76 Are ready to party!
    image 23 Will be missing out YAYAYAY image 0 Need to find the mailbox because if they didn't already they no longer can come The RSVP deadline has passed this is the final count Wedding Countdown Ticker image CLick and check out My blog From Ms. To Mrs.
  • The lady's name should be first, etiquette wise.  It's also understood that you shouldn't separate the man's first name from his last name.  We've done everything like that up to this point, but I really like his name being listed first so I may do it that way after we're married.
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    what pps said it's

bride and groom thereafter husband and wife
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • I just got this etiquette lesson a couple of days ago from the stationary store where I ordered the address stamp. Bride and groom. Then husband and wife.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards