Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Reception Vent - I'm about to tears.

Well, I just called in our final headcount for the venue.  And the venue coordinator emailed me the breakdown... and added $5/head for the food.  I emailed her back explaining that price is different from what was originally quoted... no answer.

Part of the orignial package was also to have my FI and his best man play a round of golf on comp'd, and a discounted rate for everyone else.... and now they're going back on that saying that only the FI is comp'd. This was a big selling point to my FI (he's a huge golf fan).

And the best part... she is now stating that they have a wedding booked the day before mine (yet, 1.5 months ago, they didn't... so you're telling me that you booked a wedding only 2 months out??) so I can't come in and decorate ANYTHING.  So, my centerpeices, candy bar, nothing will be set up.  NOTHING.  Now, my choice is to leave it up to them to set everything out (which they originally said they wouldn't) or get up there eeeeeeeearly Sunday morning and set up.

I'm literally sitting here in tears over this - Andrew doesn't even know what to do! Bless his heart, he said that he would skip golf on the day-of and set up... and I just can't have him do that. 

This is just proof that you really can't plan things out and expect it to go your way.

ETA:  She's emailed back and changed the price.  I should also give a little backstory - this is not the original girl that we worked with...

Re: Reception Vent - I'm about to tears.

• bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to come off like a whiney baby here - but you guys are my wedding comfort.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I don't find it whiney, I find the changes they've decided on ridiculous.  And I would be pissed to the max.

When is the wedding the day before?  If it's in the morning/afternoon, would they let you come in then?
  • edited December 2011
    First things first- BREATHE! 

Guess what? You are STILL getting married, decorations, golf, or not.  It will all work itself out (I know that is not what you wanna hear).  Take a breather, think about something else and you will eventually come up with a solution.

You are a smart woman!  You WILL figure this out.  Be tough with your venue.  If they don't like it.....tell 'em "tough noodles" :)

HTH
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks shortgirl - I normally hate when people whine but this has gotten me so stressed out, it's unreal.  This was supposed to be the easy part!

The wedding - she claims - is in the evening.  But the club "opens at sunrise" on Sunday... so she said I'm welcome to come then.  It just seems like I'm going to have to do it myself - if I actually want it done.  I've lost all faith in them to do anything that they say they're going to.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me and Tiffany will come set it up.  :)
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_reception-vent-im-tears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:0480f2fe-9524-4f48-bebf-9b905a36e938Post:9264c954-fba8-4c88-9034-2eb0152a7054">Re: Reception Vent - I'm about to tears.</a>:
    [QUOTE]First things first- BREATHE!  Guess what? You are STILL getting married, decorations, golf, or not.  It will all work itself out (I know that is not what you wanna hear).  Take a breather, think about something else and you will eventually come up with a solution. You are a smart woman!  You WILL figure this out.  Be tough with your venue.  If they don't like it.....<strong>tell 'em "tough noodles</strong>" :) HTH
    Posted by NathanandJordan[/QUOTE]

Tough noodles is highly appropriate here.

Normally, I'm resilient with this kind of stuff, but I worked so hard to get it all planned out for all this time, and then 3 weeks before, I get this.  It's just disheartening.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_reception-vent-im-tears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:0480f2fe-9524-4f48-bebf-9b905a36e938Post:f4b798e8-fca7-46d3-8378-306a5b84e1ef">Re: Reception Vent - I'm about to tears.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Me and Tiffany will come set it up.  :)
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

You guys are too sweet.  :)  Meet you there at 7:30?? lol
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seriously, if you wanted me to do it I would.  Nothing would give me more pleasure.

Honestly, you have every right to be frustrated.  This is a terrible bomb to drop right now and I hope your vendor review will reflect it if they don't make it right!  They didn't even OFFER to help you??

At least they changed the food price!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_reception-vent-im-tears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:0480f2fe-9524-4f48-bebf-9b905a36e938Post:f4b798e8-fca7-46d3-8378-306a5b84e1ef">Re: Reception Vent - I'm about to tears.</a>:

Yes!
  • winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, I think stuff like this is what everyone fears!!! I'd be "whining" too!
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    Stephie - trust me, the vendor review will reflect all this... ALL.

Ladies - when I get my day-of timeline hammered out - I may just take you up on your offer, but only if you will be a guest of mine at the wedding as well.  :)  Let me work on this a little... you guys are seriously amazing.

I'm off to pick up my dress from Becky right now! Hopefully that will provide me some happiness.  :)
  • edited December 2011

Have fun getting your dress!   Don't let all of this take the fun out of it... it will all work out.  We will make sure of it!

Note:  I am also available to kick someone's butt in order to obtain a round of golf.  :)

• edited December 2011

If you need a 3rd helper, you can count on me too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Have they offered to do your setup now that they're throwing you this curve ball? If so, I know you might not be able to trust them to get everything set up properly, but if you are just having to run by to make sure they set everything up properly and adjust a few things then that may still be less stressful than having to set the whole thing up the day of. Or is there someone you can trust to run by and make sure everything is the way you want it?

Hopefully they will work with you. They would be really dumb not to. Hope it all works out.
  • angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I will help too, if you need bodies!  We did all the set up for my wedding back in November - the venue was just a blank slate.  So, I know that more bodies can be better when you're in a time crunch.  So if you need another helper, please ask!
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh, I'm so sorry they're doing this to you... I know exactly how frustrating it is when you think you have something figured out and then you have to completely change your game plan.

And really, are they so cheap that they have to go back on the promise of a game of golf for your FI's BM? Geez...
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Oh no girl, well just take a breather and I'm glad to hear that they fixed the $$.  I'm sure everything will work out just as you've planned!  Can't wait to hear about Becky and your dress!

• BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tell them that if they won't do the setup (like they said) and they won't let you in the day before (like they said), then they should cover the cost of an independent wedding coordinator to do all the setup.
  • edited December 2011
    This is not what you want to hear this close to your wedding.  If you need help setting up, please let me know I would love to help out!!
  • edited December 2011
    Did she explain why she even bumped up the price per head? Was that not in the initial contract?

I'm sorry you are having such frustration.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011
    I'll be there too if you need me!! There's no need for you to be running around & setting things up on the day of your wedding when you should be sleeping and getting pretty!  Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry you are going through this, it is completely ridiculous.

I would love to come help set up if you need it.  I love all things wedding and yours is going to be GORGEOUS and wonderful and as Stephie said it would be my pleasure!

Yay for getting to get your dress from Becky.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you are having to deal with all of this! :-(  Its so frustrating!  But everything will turn out okay!  And it will all be beautiful! :-)  Have fun getting your dress tonight!

Anniversary

• bethlovesjimbethlovesjim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *GASP!*
    These places do book up fast and late.  My venue was open these last two weeks, and BAM, they all of the sudden have events booked everyday over the last two weekends.

I am SOOO sorry to hear this is happening to you.  I hope everything gets worked out.  I'm glad your finidng this out right now, and not the day of! Gives you a little bit of time to figure things out.
    first camping trip engagement
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't think you came across as whiney at all.  Hugs!
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Looks like you have a potential team of wedding set-up volunteers right here!!! If you need the extra hands, I would be more than happy to help! I'm so glad that they changed the pricing back to the way it should have been, but if the extra amenities that were promised are not being included, I would fight for all of them if they are now in jeopardy. If it is new ownership/sales managers, they should do everything they can to meet the expectations made by the previous individuals that you met with.

Yeah, breathing is good!! If you need anything, let us know! :)
  • rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm late on this and don't know if this is settled, but if you need more hands I can help too! I think it would be fun; we'll make it a G2G!
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    You ladies are so sweet - thank you.  I will let you guys know if I need the help - I'm so overwhelmed by your responses.  I really do love this board.  I am going to regroup, reassess and re-organize the plans.  

I had so much fun with Becky though!! I'm about to post pics of the dress.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_reception-vent-im-tears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0480f2fe-9524-4f48-bebf-9b905a36e938Post:c255808d-9e62-4762-a225-7ece2fc55bed">Re: Reception Vent - I'm about to tears.</a>:
    [QUOTE]You ladies are so sweet - thank you.  I will let you guys know if I need the help - I'm so overwhelmed by your responses.  I really do love this board.  I am going to regroup, reassess and re-organize the plans.   <strong>I had so much fun with Becky though!! I'm about to post pics of the dress.  :)</strong>
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

<div>Yay! I have my fitting with her on Saturday!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_reception-vent-im-tears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0480f2fe-9524-4f48-bebf-9b905a36e938Post:b3904dab-1101-47bb-94d6-c927c281daa5">Re: Reception Vent - I'm about to tears.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I'm late on this and don't know if this is settled, but if you need more hands I can help too! I think it would be fun; we'll make it a G2G!
    Posted by rcpm44[/QUOTE]

I have the same mind as Rene! G2G to set up Brianna's wedding. I'm all in! Seriously I will be there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards