Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

awesome rec for nails!!

hey everyone!
so recently, i got this nail treatment done on my nails - it's called Shellac by CND. it's fairly new, so if you havent heard of it, click here.

it's basically a nail polish, and after every coat, the technician puts your nails under a UV lamp for about a minute. after the top coat, your nails literally stay super super shiny and chip-proof for at least a week and a half. depending on how abusive you are on your nails, it can last for a month.

you can get normal colors and french tip - so you nails would look gorgeous for your wedding and the honeymoon!
i'm definitely doing this on my wedding day, because they looked gorgeous for a really long time, and i loved it. it also doesn't hurt your nails like getting acrylics or gels.

hope this helps some of you!

Re: awesome rec for nails!!

• Options
    I have heard of it before. And I have heard really good things about it. I might  have to give it a try sometime.
  • Options
    it's really good - weird to see perfect nailpolish after a week when they'd  normally be chipped
    i'll definitely be doing this for my wedding

• Options
    Great idea, thanks!
  • Options
    How do you get it off?
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    My mother was telling me about this!!  She already made an appointment for the two of us to get our nails done!   Awesome to hear a good second opinion!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_awesome-rec-nails?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:6edc0578-e4bc-4ea1-84d2-af8ea1a7c553Post:85c72de9-1967-46e3-8ce1-5897ee8a3e79">Re: awesome rec for nails!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How do you get it off?
    Posted by Muffin'sMom[/QUOTE]
    The website says you should return to your nail professional for removal.  I find that a wee bit intimidating since I don't get my nails done regularly.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards