Wedding Etiquette Forum

screw it, FFF

Re: screw it, FFF

• I just laughed out loud at my desk.

I flame Roxy for the love fest last week when she kept naming people who don't even post here.  Her and some other chick that doesn't post here, they both did it.  If you want a love fest for people on a different board, do it on a different board, otherwise the rest of us are all lovey and then like "who?".  It just irritated me.  Surprise surprise.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was thisclose to starting it! At least it might get some action on this board today!
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I flame people who start FFF without a flame in the OP. This has happened for the last three or four FFF's.

I flame RochelleAnn since it seems like (in the poll below) her dogs "accidentally" mated and now she has three puppies to find homes for. That is why the shelter won't give you a pet with sexual organs. Because stupid people having pets leads to pet overpopulation. The animals don't know any better, people. It's up to you.
  • Mrs_AFMrs_AF member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I find the 50 million polls/poles/poleys or whatever they are named to seem cute are actually really annoying. One is fine, maybe two. But it seems like every other post is a poll now.
  • The only thing I've got is that I think Missy has too many quotes in her sig.  I'm lame.

Oh, and after seeing her engagement pics I don't know how MISSCOUTNEY functions with nails that long.  Not really a flame so much as a wonderment.  She must not have contacts.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • I also flame people who hate FFF but read it anyway. If you hate it so much, just skip it. It's not that hard.
  • danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2010
    AF - I'm with you on the polls, always have been.  I rarely participate in them.  I lose interest too quickly.

TR - totally agree on both counts!  I let my nails grow a couple weeks ago and I could barely type!
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_screw-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:724a1674-d793-4417-835c-cf27b58ee020Post:70deef37-0f93-43d9-ba2e-46371e2d33fa">Re: screw it, FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame RochelleAnn since it seems like (in the poll below) her dogs "accidentally" mated and now she has three puppies to find homes for. That is why the shelter won't give you a pet with sexual organs. Because stupid people having pets leads to pet overpopulation. The animals don't know any better, people. It's up to you.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

I missed that thread, but I'll totally jump on the bandwagon.  Nine million unwanted cats and dogs are euthanized in the US each year because of people like that.  It's awful.  :(
  • I flame people who start FFF without a flame in the OP. This has happened for the last three or four FFF's.

sometimes we don't have a flame but want to see other peoples' flames. you're welcome.
  • I flame ANYONE who goes into a post and says anything like: blech or yawn. I go into many posts where I think "well, that's kinda lame"...so.... I don't post anything and I don't keep checking back on it. It's really quite simple.

I also flame Amoro because she feels the need to criticize who she *thinks* I am almost every time I post. She really needs to get a life.
  • I'll jump in Georgia's boat.  (I brought my own paddle!)
  • OH! I got one!
    I flame missy from earlier this week. she comes on here and says I started that thread (the one about people from other boards) just to get an E vs SB thing going. so I got annoyed and said things back to her, and then she throws her hands up all innocent-like, when she's the one who started it in the first place.

if you're going to accuse someone of something, don't act offended when they get mad. just own it. and don't play all innocent, "WHAT'D I DOOO?" either. it's obnoxious and transparent.
  • I flamed her in the original post, but I flame again.  I flame AK for saying that a short ceremony with no readings, poems or self written vows showed a "lack of effort" on behalf of the couple.  Knowing what my sister went through to plan a wedding and reception after never planning a party ever (seriously) and then standing in front of people when very shy (she and her DH) that she did what worked best for them. 

Yes, it was probably only 10-15 minutes but it fit her and she did think about it.  She thought, I don't want poems, readings or self written vows.  I'd like to go with the marriage ceremony in a box please.  However, please enjoy the great party that I have planned post ceremony.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• I flame ANYONE who goes into a post and says anything like: blech or yawn.

sometimes a good thread takes a turn for the lame and someone needs to point it out.
  • Ugh smokey, how did I know that was going to come back to haunt me? I conceded in that original thread, and I'll do it again.

I flame the KPS poster who thinks that just because we decide to pay for our own wedding(s), that means our parents don't really love us. Really?
  • I flame backward fische and/or whoever is behind it for just being a lame tool.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_screw-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:724a1674-d793-4417-835c-cf27b58ee020Post:af7eeeb3-3f85-4048-99a2-27d0c1c4bcd7">Re: screw it, FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh smokey, how did I know that was going to come back to haunt me? I conceded in that original thread, and I'll do it again. I flame the KPS poster who thinks that just because we decide to pay for our own wedding(s), that means our parents don't really love us. Really?
    Posted by akhensley81[/QUOTE]
    your parents love you. they just don't support who you're marrying.
    neener.
  • lala, you're doing it wrong.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_screw-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:724a1674-d793-4417-835c-cf27b58ee020Post:aefce536-7ada-4309-8b7a-d8d4a5f763d3">Re: screw it, FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame backward fische and/or whoever is behind it for just being a lame tool.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

ITS NOT ME! SWEAR.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Mrs_AFMrs_AF member
    First Comment
    I also flame the back and forth KPS posts about deleting people on FB. Seriously? I'm willing to bet you didn't add them in the first place to make a life-long friendship with them. You wanted to see what they looked like in their pictures and read their stuff.

I think I was deleted by a bunch of knotties from FB after being added for a couple of days, and it took me this long to even notice. It's not a big deal.
  • also, I flame people for saying "you're doing it wrong."
    we never established the "right" way.

...GEORGIA.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_screw-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:724a1674-d793-4417-835c-cf27b58ee020Post:031045d4-5de1-4394-bdbc-dce06429ef27">Re: screw it, FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: screw it, FFF : your parents love you. they just don't support who you're marrying. neener.
    Posted by laladypoet[/QUOTE]

Haha damn! So <strong>that's</strong> why.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_screw-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:724a1674-d793-4417-835c-cf27b58ee020Post:af7eeeb3-3f85-4048-99a2-27d0c1c4bcd7">Re: screw it, FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh smokey, how did I know that was going to come back to haunt me? I conceded in that original thread, and I'll do it again. I flame the KPS poster who thinks that just because we decide to pay for our own wedding(s), that means our parents don't really love us. Really?
    Posted by akhensley81[/QUOTE]

Cuz it's my sister and I'd cutabitch for less.  Even though she is a good 3-4 inches taller than me AND plays football, I will still defend her. 

Plus I needed a flame and I was plumb out.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Cuz it's my sister and I'd cutabitch for less.  Even though she is a good 3-4 inches taller than me AND plays football, I will still defend her. 

lol.
  • I flame smokey for drinking beer on a merry-go-round.
    THINK OF THE CHILDREN.
  • himes has jugs that are too nice. I flame those bad boys.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_screw-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:724a1674-d793-4417-835c-cf27b58ee020Post:aefce536-7ada-4309-8b7a-d8d4a5f763d3">Re: screw it, FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame backward fische and/or whoever is behind it for just being a lame tool.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

Add to that list:
    BlameCanada
    Music & Lyrics
    BeachSandyMuffinVag...and any other "known" trolls.
  • I can't believe how judgy people were being in the $10,000 thread.  If dude wants to spend his money on a car, that's on him.  I spent my inheritance (it was smaller than 10k) on my wedding, and that was my choice.  At least he's going to get something that lasts and that he really needs.
  • The throwback thursday thread........Greenpepperburger - did you really have to play teacher and tell everyone their answers were wrong?  I find it hard to take some seriously that was born in the 90's. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards