Connecticut

Wedding Rings??

Hey all -

For those that bought your rings locally (in CT), wehre did you have your best luck?  We were planning to go with the private jeweler that FI bought my E-ring from, but we won't be able to try things on first if we work with him - so we're considering some stores too.  We're local to Hartford, so any suggestions??  :)

Re: Wedding Rings??

• edited December 2011

My e-ring is from Gem Jewelry and we've been in getting my rings cleaned and looking at bands and they've been wonderful!

• edited December 2011
    Baribault Jewelers in Glastonbury.  They are a privately owned store run by a family I went to high school with.  The service and the quality of jewelry is great.
  • EStar73EStar73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beckers in West Hartford. All three of our rings are from there and I adore them. My mother and I both go there for all of our jewelry and they are so incredibly nice and helpful. They have a nice selection of both new and vintage which I really like. Our bands are all new but my mother has a vintage wedding band from them as her "upgrade" ring and it is beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    We went to Malloves in Waterford.   We worked with the owner, Jim Mallove, and he was not pushy and met all of our needs. We couldn't have picked a better place.

http://www.mallovejewelers.com/

Also, for anyone who can't wear certain metals because of allergies, this is the place to go. We orignally were looking at jewelry stores in the mall, but the only metal they had that I could wear was platinum. Since it wasn't in the budget, the sales lady suggested we try Malloves since they can order rings in other metals, such as pladium.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    So we got DH's from Hanoush, but there were some amazing deals at the outlet jewelery stores in Clinton.  You might want to take a peak there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a great experience with Jareds!
  • JodiArielJodiAriel member
    edited December 2011
    Diamond Designs in Orange just made a custom wedding band to match me e-ring from Kays.  They were super nice and easy to work with.
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • edited December 2011
    There's actually a Jareds in CT?!?  I had no idea and completely laughed at FI when he said "let's just go to Jareds" knowing that he sees teh commercials.  TOO funny!
  • cgbabe229cgbabe229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We actually went to Grader Jewelers in Norwich.  There are a few other locations but I think they are closer to the coast so Norwich would be the closest for you.  They are wonderful and their quality is superb -- it's not like buying something at a chain retailer. Prices might be a tiny bit more, but the quality is def worth it and you won't regret it down the road. My family has been using them practically since I was born and I would never buy my wedding rings anywhere else.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto to Baribaults. They're fantastic!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Melissa603Melissa603 member
    edited December 2011
    My E-Ring is from Littman in Buckland Mall and we plan on getting our bands there as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Another recommendation for Gem Jewelry. We had better service at the West Hartford store.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • blipsettprblipsettpr member
    edited December 2011
    We used a private jeweler so much more affordable!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kate212kate212 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    DeRobertis Jewelers in West Hartford!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards